LeBrun: Leafs looking to acquire another cheaper goalie

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Dubas only trades for injured goalies from the Soo.

Sorry this actually has me depressed AF thinking about an entire season of this, and another year of Matthews' contract pissed away.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Dubas only trades for injured goalies from the Soo.

Sorry this actually has me depressed AF thinking about an entire season of this, and another year of Matthews' contract pissed away.
Pretty brutal trade. But on the bright side this is just one step closer to a new GM & President.

Reactions: dukeofjive

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Got to love all the bleating from Leafs fans now that the Murray trade happened. All we have heard is how Dubas needs to get players who are prove in the playoffs as they have to win a round. He goes and get a 2 time Stanley cup winner and its NOT THAT ONE!!!!!!
With how much the Leaf fans hate this move and I am sure the next goalie move the Leafs probably go to the finals. Always bet the contrarian move when dealing with the Leafs.
This is going to be a great season as a fan of another team living in Toronto.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Because I don't want to see Wolf overcooked in the AHL I think Vladar is expendable for Calgary, that said he won't come cheap because he's got future #1 possibility in his play.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Leafs have a 2 year window. I don’t see him resigning here. Some in Arizona are saying they have been told that he would be interested in signing there once his contract is up…

2 years and realistically it’s 1 year because if they can’t resigning early next year they have to think about trading him, because they cannot lose him for nothing

crazy how quickly a window can go from “many years” to “1-2 years”

Tavares is trending down, No goalie, no depth at forward, Matthews getting close to walking and zero prospects of substance. This could get ugly quick for Toronto

A good reminder that if you have a shot, you need to go all in every time because you just don’t know how quickly it can close

Reactions: Goalfield22

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Leafs have a 2 year window. I don’t see him resigning here. Some in Arizona are saying they have been told that he would be interested in signing there once his contract is up…

2 years and realistically it’s 1 year because if they can’t resigning early next year they have to think about trading him, because they cannot lose him for nothing

crazy how quickly a window can go from “many years” to “1-2 years”

Tavares is trending down, No goalie, no depth at forward, Matthews getting close to walking and zero prospects of substance. This could get ugly quick for Toronto

A good reminder that if you have a shot, you need to go all in every time because you just don’t know how quickly it can close

Multiple insiders here have said knowing Auston he has no interest in Arizona.

No one in Arizona outside of his family and ex pat Canadians know who he is. I literally was out with people from Arizona last week and most of them couldn’t name the coyotes and no one had any idea who he was.

The coyotes are like the Toronto rock

They were googling and laughing and shocked there was even ice there.

The idea that Matthews is going to sign to play in a college rink is ridiculous. He may leave but not for Arizona

Reactions: Saskatoon

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

No one in Arizona outside of his family and ex pat Canadians know who he is. I literally was out with people from Arizona last week and most of them couldn’t name the coyotes and no one had any idea who he was.

The idea that Matthews is going to sign to play in a college rink is ridiculous. He may leave but not for Arizona

I think a lot of that stuff was about his hatred of Babcock, but the Coyotes won't be playing in a college rink in a few years. Don't sleep on what Armstrong is building, either. Cooley, Geekie, Smith, McBain...they're going to get a gigantic haul for Chychrun. Plus possibly Bedard or Michkov next draft.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Calling it now. Samsonov to Toronto and he is their #1 goalie within a month.
Since when was the last time the Leafs had a Russian goalie, if ever?! Sammy doesn't even speak good English, and you want him to be in a French speaking, Canadien environment?! I don't know, maybe Sammy won't understand either French or English stupid questions from the Toronto media?!

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

Perhaps - all speculation at this point. But I could see LA. Anaheim.

West coast I could see

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think a lot of that stuff was about his hatred of Babcock, but the Coyotes won't be playing in a college rink in a few years. Don't sleep on what Armstrong is building, either. Cooley, Geekie, Smith, McBain...they're going to get a gigantic haul for Chychrun. Plus possibly Bedard or Michkov next draft.
Few years? Try in 3 to 4 years! And after those 4 years they might be playing in a money pit land fill!

Seriously, Matthews could own the college rink with his salary right now and probably use the extra change to buy a better goalie than Dubas can!

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Since when was the last time the Leafs had a Russian goalie, if ever?! Sammy doesn't even speak good English, and you want him to be in a French speaking, Canadien environment?! I don't know, maybe Sammy won't understand either French or English stupid questions from the Toronto media?!

Have you been to Toronto? Like zero people speak French here. French is probably the 15th second language.

There are entire Russian communities of thousands of people

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

We have been told to not sleep on Arizona for 20 years. They have been getting stable ownership for 20 years.

There is zero chance he goes there. He knows players who play there. Arizona hasn’t paid their players on time. We’re late on bonuses and in the bubble players saw the differences in what teams were providing.

Auston knows how bad the players have been treated under merulo. He isn’t going there.

Whether he wants to go somewhere else? Sure that’s a question. But Arizona is at 0’percent.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Have you been to Toronto? Like zero people speak French here. French is probably the 15th second language.

There are entire Russian communities of thousands of people
Yeah, I have actually been to Toronto twice for Beer League hockey tournaments with Hockey North America. That long stretch of Young Street is really the only street I can remember, because it was something like 15 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, I have actually been to Toronto twice for Beer League hockey tournaments with Hockey North America. That long stretch of Young Street is really the only street I can remember, because it was something like 15 years ago.

Ok well the only place you would have spoken french is if you played beer league against French teams from Quebec.

Toronto has zero French. Nothing we get is french.

You would find Indian/Chinese dialects. Italian polish Russian/Ukrainian before French

There are over 100k Russians in Toronto. One of the reasons all the khl players signed here for a few years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad