GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Christ, can you all give it a f***ing rest.
If they play the series to 7 games they deserved to get to 7. I get we have looked like shit the last few games, but the defeatist attitudes and dooms saying is incredibly annoying.

If you’re so convinced they won’t put up a fight, then I guess there’s no need to watch. Feel free to do that. No one is forcing you to support this team.
But I need to watch because I get off on the misery of watching this club shit the bed every year...my 40th watching them now.

Reactions: LastOne2100

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You know those people will be saying "I always believed" if we win.
Correct. Even better, at some point after this garbage game there will be a prediction thread for the first round, and probably 95% of the posters here will predict that the Leafs will win the series.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
The way this season has ended has severely damaged their psychological state. All these f* ups:

-Sh*t the bed against Detroit, Florida and Tampa Bay in the last 3 games of the season
-gave up the 100th assist to Kuch
-Matthews stuck at 69 goals to end the season
-Boston screwed us by tanking the end of their season to make sure we play them in round 1 again

these are all big pills to swallow. Don't see them recovering from all of this

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
It’s not blind hope. The leafs have issues, but guess what, so does Boston.
Remember, the goal is not to beat Boston. It's to win a Stanley Cup.

I don't want another year where we win one round then celebrate like we won the cup, then barely show up to round 2 after it's already over.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Keefe completely screwed up this end of season. Beginning with not having Matthews for empty net then complaining about distraction and complaining fans are asking for it.

He made it more of a bad thing then something we celebrate. Completely screwed everything up
I think there are many better coaches than Sheldon Keefe.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I'm glad he's not stuck at 67 because that would just be the biggest kick in the pills, but the way 69 happened just feels so Leafy.

Yeah Jesus. Thank God....

67 would make the skeptics here believe in the "curse" and the scorn from holy hockey deity

Myself included

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Hindsight is 20/20 but Dubas should’ve signed Tanev over Brodie. Tanev did have injury concerns at the time but he’s at least a still competent defenseman despite his injury history and physical style. Brodie fell off despite being soft as butter and being relatively healthy.
That was a no brainer but Dubas gonna Dubas.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
and when the leafs fail yet again, we will bring back the same management, coaching and core 4! How exciting!!,

Reactions: Al14

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I guess I missed someone calling it a myth.

There is 100% momentum can carry over.

I am more worried about creating bad habits by playong so loose rather than being on a losing streak.

Like I said. Bos has zero momentum as well so it will be interesting
yes, I responded to the original comment who called momentum going into the playoffs a myth.

Reactions: Jojalu

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The way this season has ended has severely damaged their psychological state. All these f* ups:

-Sh*t the bed against Detroit, Florida and Tampa Bay in the last 3 games of the season
-gave up the 100th assist to Kuch
-Matthews stuck at 69 goals to end the season
-Boston screwed us by tanking the end of their season to make sure we play them in round 1 again

these are all big pills to swallow. Don't see them recovering from all of this
Boston has nothing to do with any of this lol. What a dumb tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Get the f outa here with this garbage . Guy scored in 8 straight games and because he doesn't score in 2 you criticize him guy has scored 69 frigging goals and still might get 70. What a joke post
ok? He isn't immune to criticism this game.

my reply is to the guy saying matthews has played less than kucherov.

he hasn't been good enough to play more. He's completely ignored his defensive responsibilites and chased after the goals. He has strayed away from what got him 69 goals and has himself and the team playing selfish hockey to spoonfeed him 70. Had he just played his game like normal and had the team also just played a normal game, we would've been much better off and no doubt he would've hit 70

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Yeah, 51 years in I'm new to hockey. Or, I've watched so much hockey that I know that garbage time games, like stellar pre-season records, mean absolutely nothing. As long as no one gets injured, this will have been a good game.
51 years and you're predictions are always wrong, guess you haven't learned much. I thought we were supposed be ahead of the Bruins and 1 or 2 in the Conference right now, what happened? Did your 51 years let you down again?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
To top it off I have to read special messages about Kucherov in my score app.

IMG_7846.jpeg

FO already

Attachments

• IMG_7846.jpeg
    IMG_7846.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad