GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I just feel there's too much focus on getting Matthews 70. Seems like the team is more focused on getting him 70 than actually making good decisions and playing well. It's honestly annoying me.
This game means nothing.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I would play 34 with 88. The entire rink knows 16 is passing. Need someone to drive the play.

Reactions: sxvnert

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Matthews isn’t going to get it, is he?

Hate how the team is just focused on that
Get owned by two playoffs teams into the playoffs against a good playoff team... And Mathews being stuck at 69 for 2.5 games? Sounds like the Leafs methodology.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I dunno why it would be considered choking. He's had a bunch of shots and chances. Sometimes you just don't score despite playing well. 69 goals is still pretty huge. Lot's of time in the game anyway
because i'm worried it'll be in his head in the playoffs. Also for the calibre of player he is, 1 goal in 2 games shouldn't be too bad. Going in on a low like might not affect him negatively, but it sure as hell won't help him going in

Someone needs to tell Marner to just play the game, he's so obviously looking for Matthews and is making horrendous decisions.
thats marner every playoffs

Reactions: SprDaVE

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
69 is cooler than 70 lol
150106-mia-khalifa-830a.jpg

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
yeeee, im not sure if anyone actually thinks we can just turn on a "play well" switch going into the post season. this is the worst stretch we have played all year defensively imo and given its game 82 im pretty nervous about how many post season games we are actually going to get to watch this year.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Domi has something like 5 assists to Matthews. That is all folks. Not the guy that really helps to get him to 70.
There are lots of posters busting on Marner right now yet you choose me to hassle every time. Does it feel good

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I just feel there's too much focus on getting Matthews 70. Seems like the team is more focused on getting him 70 than actually making good decisions and playing well. It's honestly annoying me.
glad to see I'm not the only one noticing this. The extent they're taking it to is amateur, pee wee, and downright pathetic and speaks a lot to the maturity of this team. There's another man on the other team looking for an apple and you don't see Tampa making horribly stupid forced plays this often to try to force the issue. Like I get they want him to get 70, but it feels like 100% of the devotion is to that rather than 50% to that and 50% to winning the goal.

As the captain to see JT pass up a wide open chance face to face with the goalie to try and pass it over 2 sticks to Matthews really says a lot about his and this team's character. This is way worse than Ottawa was trying to get Heatley his 50th.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
The time to do it was the breakaway against Detroit. But had to try that stupid 5 hole tuck that almost never works.

Reactions: sxvnert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad