Proposal: Leafs- Isles

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
As if The Islanders are in need of another Left winger...Not Happening!

Ladd/Chim/Prince/Kule/Lee...Dal Colle

Islanders are in need of a 2nd line right Winger not named Strome or Bailey!

And so if You might Find That right winger in Josh Ho Sang who Snow has been very impressed with in camp.

Isles need a true 1st line RW not a 2nd or 3rd liner up there becuase several years ago he clicked and is cheap.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The problem here is that we don't really have a need now or moving forward for a MDC player. We'd have close to no interest in having a return with him being the main piece back. Berube and Bailey really don't do anything either. We can find a pretty cheap backup almost anywhere and it's really our only current roster hole as of this moment.

If we are trading our highest valued 'veteran' in JVR, it will be to fill a big need on defence moving forward, preferably right handed, as the main piece back.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
If we're dealing JVR the Leafs want a top line RHD or a potiential top line RHD

So unless you guys are willing to trade Hamonic or Pulock (which you aren't) then there is no deal to be reached.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
If JVR is going to the Isles, Pulock better be a part of the package coming back

As an isles fan, I would not include Pulock. There's something about him that makes me think he'll be great. Pelech perhaps?

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
It'd be hard for me to way no to Dal Colle. 1 down year doesn't suddenly take away all that potential he showed before. Still very young

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
Yeah, I don't think JVR is as valuable as TO fans think. Should they trade him, they will learn the Edmonton lesson regarding wingers v defenseman.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Yeah, I don't think JVR is as valuable as TO fans think. Should they trade him, they will learn the Edmonton lesson regarding wingers v defenseman.

Desperation by one GM does not lessen the value another (better GM) puts in his players. Lou will not pull the equivelent move and trade JVR for anything less than a (potential) top pair RHD

sticker76

Jul 7, 2010
Raleigh, NC
If we're dealing JVR the Leafs want a top line RHD or a potiential top line RHD

So unless you guys are willing to trade Hamonic or Pulock (which you aren't) then there is no deal to be reached.

If Toronto thinks they can get a top line RHD for JVR, go back and look at recent trade of Taylor Hall, who is better than JVR, for Adam Larsson, who will be second pairing D with no offensive upside. And you want Pulock, Garth Snow isn't that dumb and to be honest I just don't think the Isles are interested in JVR. Think they are set with Ladd and the wingers, may look for a 2C upgrade.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
If Toronto thinks they can get a top line RHD for JVR, go back and look at recent trade of Taylor Hall, who is better than JVR, for Adam Larsson, who will be second pairing D with no offensive upside. And you want Pulock, Garth Snow isn't that dumb and to be honest I just don't think the Isles are interested in JVR. Think they are set with Ladd and the wingers, may look for a 2C upgrade.

They have Lou. Lou will make all other GMs give up a top pairing D for a weak-as-**** winger.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
It'd be hard for me to way no to Dal Colle. 1 down year doesn't suddenly take away all that potential he showed before. Still very young

I saw him in his draft year and its crazy to say but he's actually regressed since then. The kid was dynamic and owned the puck all over the ice. I thought he was a sure fire NHL star in the making but he's never been able for whatever to keep improving on what was an incredible draft season. I still like him as a player and don't think he's a bust but his stock has definitely dropped considerably.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

1 bad trade does not set precedent.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

ok so apparently the market is set now. top 10 winger is the cost to get a young dman with upside?

leafs would be beyond dumb to move JVR for just pulock. pretty meh year 2 in the AHL. we are more than happy with carrick who probably fills the same role. 8g,13a,21pts in 20 games as a marlie is filthy

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
ok so apparently the market is set now. top 10 winger is the cost to get a young dman with upside?

leafs would be beyond dumb to move JVR for just pulock. pretty meh year 2 in the AHL. we are more than happy with carrick who probably fills the same role. 8g,13a,21pts in 20 games as a marlie is filthy

I'll start by saying JVR is nowhere close to being a top 10 winger. I'll finish by saying TO would not get a prospect at Pulock's level for him. If you want to trade him, you will take what other teams offer. Teams are not beating down Lou's door begging for JVR.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Chiming in on MDC as an Islander's fan. I'm not a big fan of him, only because I don't like prospects whose skating needs work. MDC has the shot, the hands, the IQ, and the work ethic, he just has to work on his skating and he knows it.

This was a pretty good article https://www.nhl.com/news/michael-dal-colle-preparing-for-biggest-offseason/c-281130882

Anyway, in my opinion he's still a solid prospect but when asked why Isles are higher on Barzal it's simple. Guy is a great skater and when you have great skaters in camp they get noticed. MDC will do fine with top end talent around him but he'll never drive play. That's why he's not a center. Barzal has the potential to do that. He's built like a horse already too, MDC (as stated in the article) is going to have to hit the weight room hard as well as work on his skating.

Lastly, don't really think JVR fits on the Isles right now and he actually seems to be in a great spot with TO. Good veteran, still young, and going to be surrounded by some energetic rookies. I think he'll flourish in his role there and I don't see why TO would want to move him.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Being that Toronto has said they are looking for a cheap backup goalie, I wonder if there was anyway the Isles could entice them with a package of JF Berube + Bailey + either Dal Colle or next years first round pick for JVR. I feel like thats fair value, no? And the Isles would not only solve their first line wing and 3 goalie situations with one move, but also only add about one million in payroll while doing so. The leafs get a young backup goalie and shed a million in salary and get Dal Colle or a first round pick as compensation for taking on Bailey's salary. Thoughts?

*Acknowledges that Leafs want a cheap backup*

*Proceeds to ask for JVR*

:laugh:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I don't think you guys understand how badly the Islanders need more LW's. If there's any deal that can be struck where the Islanders give up two RW's without losing a C or LW, they would certainly be interested. Hell, take a couple defensemen too. Anything to corner the market on LWs.

Also goalies.... we need goalies if you have any extras.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't think you guys understand how badly the Islanders need more LW's. If there's any deal that can be struck where the Islanders give up two RW's without losing a C or LW, they would certainly be interested. Hell, take a couple defensemen too. Anything to corner the market on LWs.

Also goalies.... we need goalies if you have any extras.

You do realize that 4 lefts don't make a right, right? Or how does it go?:help:

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I'll start by saying JVR is nowhere close to being a top 10 winger. I'll finish by saying TO would not get a prospect at Pulock's level for him. If you want to trade him, you will take what other teams offer. Teams are not beating down Lou's door begging for JVR.
He wasn't calling JVR a top 10 LW he was referring to Hall's value.

But this doesn't change the fact that Isles fans our treating Pulock like he's an untouchable future superstar 100% guaranteed and forgetting the fact that they just proposed Berube, Bailey and Dal Colle for a first line winger.

Pulock is a really good prospect in all but stop acting like he has more value than an established NHL first line winger.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
With the number of young promising forwards on the leafs roster about the last thing I would want to see the leafs do is move one of the young veterans that could act as a good role model. Any trade involving JVR would have to blow away leafs management and the only real trade piece that could do that would be Pulock who the islanders would not want to give up in a JVR deal. Plus JVR is a left wing and I think that isn't an area of need for the islanders at this time as they are in greater need for right wingers. Plus the islanders got Ladd off of free agency and assuming he is worth the deal they gave him he will probably be able to fill in the islanders 2nd line left wing area.

JVR to the islanders just doesn't make much sense overall.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

ill start by saying I was referring to hall, i thought that was obvious considering i was replying to a quote about the hall-larson swap.
ill finish by saying pulock doesnt have half the value you think he does. 24 pts in the ahl? meh. guys calling him a top pairing right hand d already?

laughable

nobody "wants" to trade JVR and Lou is not gonna take the first offer that comes around. an isles fan made this thread trying to get JVR for a pile of scraps. no we will not take your 3rd string goalie, a 3.5 mil cap dump, and your 18-25 ish 1st rd pick for JVR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad