Proposal: Leafs- Isles

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Being that Toronto has said they are looking for a cheap backup goalie, I wonder if there was anyway the Isles could entice them with a package of JF Berube + Bailey + either Dal Colle or next years first round pick for JVR. I feel like thats fair value, no? And the Isles would not only solve their first line wing and 3 goalie situations with one move, but also only add about one million in payroll while doing so. The leafs get a young backup goalie and shed a million in salary and get Dal Colle or a first round pick as compensation for taking on Bailey's salary. Thoughts?

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Being that Toronto has said they are looking for a cheap backup goalie, I wonder if there was anyway the Isles could entice them with a package of JF Berube + Bailey + either Dal Colle or next years first round pick for JVR. I feel like thats fair value, no? And the Isles would not only solve their first line wing and 3 goalie situations with one move, but also only add about one million in payroll while doing so. The leafs get a young backup goalie and shed a million in salary and get Dal Colle or a first round pick as compensation for taking on Bailey's salary. Thoughts?

I don't consider this as Bailey, Berube, 2017 1st but I instantly do it swapping the 1st for Dal Colle. Might tell you something though, I don't think either trade happens as either NY overpays or Toronto overpays.

BEERnSOUP

Feb 2, 2015
I like MDC, but I'd want a decent plus in addition to MDC. Not sure that's Berube. Maybe I'm undervaluing Berube but I don't think I'd look to fill the back up role in a JVR trade unless it was a throw/very small value addition rather than a decent piece of the value coming back. A back up can be signed/traded for cheaply without trading valuable assets.

Prior to the draft+FA the deal that was somewhat accepted, at least value wise, was 1st + MDC. I don't think this gets close to that and I also think the addition of Ladd at this point changes the Islander's willingness to give up significant pieces for a LW.

Last edited:

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

On behalf of all of Leafs nation..

I'd like to give this a no.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
On behalf of all of Leafs nation..

I'd like to give this a no.

I have to ask as a Leafs fan. Why not? I see Dal Colle as a 6'3", potential 30 goal winger at 20 years old and completely cost controlled (his ELC still has 3 years left). Essentially Dal Colle is JVR just 7 years ago. Did I miss something in his development where I should be concerned? This feels like if we were offered the 6th overall pick (Tkachuk) and a decent replacement forward for JVR where we take it and run.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I have to ask as a Leafs fan. Why not? I see Dal Colle as a 6'3", potential 30 goal winger at 20 years old and completely cost controlled (his ELC still has 3 years left). Essentially Dal Colle is JVR just 7 years ago. Did I miss something in his development where I should be concerned? This feels like if we were offered the 6th overall pick (Tkachuk) and a decent replacement forward for JVR where we take it and run.

LOOOOL there's your answer. No one else does. Dal Colle barely got 30 goals in the OHL as an overager

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006

As if The Islanders are in need of another Left winger...Not Happening!

Ladd/Chim/Prince/Kule/Lee...Dal Colle

Islanders are in need of a 2nd line right Winger not named Strome or Bailey!

And so if You might Find That right winger in Josh Ho Sang who Snow has been very impressed with in camp.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Has Dal Colle fallen off that much ?

Bad start to the year, then elite production after being traded.

His value has dropped to the keyboard warriors that look at total points, but to the GMs actually paying attention he's likely still valued in the top-ten draft pick range.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If the Leafs move JVR we would probably be looking for a young top 4 D, not a backup goalie package...

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Acquiring a backup goalie is not going to be a consideration in a JvR trade, if he moves.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Backup goalie for JVR is a bad place to start looking at a trade.

Pretty much.

Any trade starts with Pulock. Most NYI fans don't want to trade this prospect for JVR, which is fine.

No real need for us to trade JVR at this time, especially if the concern is just over back up goaltending. Basically unless something significant comes back to the Leafs that can help us long term, we'll keep JVR.

I feel like any other fan base....JVR isn't even spoken about. He's a young 6'3 forward with speed and is good for 30/30 every year and he only makes 4.25M per year (2 more seasons).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad