GDT: Leafs@Islanders 7PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hit the century mark tonight!

TBH with the Leafs now clinched and entrenched in the 3rd spot I'm wondering what their effort will be like.

Just don't get injured! And persuade Johnny T to Toronto.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't really care about this game or any other regular season game besides the Jets game. I only care about the Jets game tomorrow because it will be a good test for the Leafs even if it is a back to back for us.

Just don't get injured and have fun out there!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hit the century mark tonight!

TBH with the Leafs now clinched and entrenched in the 3rd spot I'm wondering what their effort will be like.

Just don't get injured! And persuade Johnny T to Toronto.
they might come out pissed about the Islanders hurting Matthews, but other than that we really don't have anything to play for besides staying healthy and in game shape

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Time to beat the goalie win record tonight. Head towards the team points total and let Mitch try to break 70 points this season. Lots to play for, including pride and some whispers of encouragement to Tavares in the board scrubs.

After that
Hope to see some pretty even ice times over last few games. Rest the older guys a little more each game, (As someone said, Marleau won't sit being on an iron man streak) but get their skates in, keep in game shape, but try to keep all D under 20 min per. Let Matthews PP get a little more time, but not so much that the 1 unit loses there mojo. 50-60 seconds a piece.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Both teams now have nothing to play for as far as the standings go with both teams fates now sealed so it should be a no pressure game and we might see some run and gun both ways tonight.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Would be nice to see Willy get some points so he can at least reach last years totals.

this isn't quite true. Since February 1st (Marner replaced Komarov some time around there), Komarov has still been our worst possession player, he still gets outscored by the opposition, and he still doesn't really produce (although that has improved slightly)
Really? I always throw an eye on the statistics of a game, and as I remembered it that fourth line had some terrific results. Obviously they didn't then. I stand corrected.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Really? I always throw an eye on the statistics of a game, and as I remembered it that fourth line had some terrific results. Obviously they didn't then. I stand corrected.
yeah the only thing is I can't really check specifics like his quality of competition for that time period and stuff. Still, his results haven't been good for the past while

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Play Matt Martin. Fight Cal Clutterbuck.

Win game. No injuries.

Thanks
Will not happen

Martin, Clutterbuck and Cizikas are all very close friends. They pretty much played on a line together their whole careers. Best to just keep him scratched and move on from the whole thing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Should have drafted Hannifan.

this is getting so tired.
Babcock wanted a 'Hanafin' but i think the argument was (and i think it's sound despite some people feel defense is overrated now), because arguably, it's easier to get a Mitch-type player via trade than it is to get any type of quality defenseman.

The Leafs target however was never Hanafin. it was going to be Marner (and as we know, they were preparing to trade down had Arizona drafted him) Provorov/Werenski or Ratanaen.

And to that effect as well, we don't even really know what Hanafin is. He's on a milquetoast team, and as we know defensemen take ages to really round into form. he could be awesome. I dont think he would have necessarily been a bad choice.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Might've been a valuable learning experience in going closer to the end of the regular season before wrapping up a playoff spot last year, but I'm good to have it clinched a bit earlier this time. Happy for a healthy, strong finish. GLG.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Might've been a valuable learning experience in going closer to the end of the regular season before wrapping up a playoff spot last year, but I'm good to have it clinched a bit earlier this time. Happy for a healthy, strong finish. GLG.

next year: the goal is to clinch really early (hopefully w/a divisional win)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If we didn't blow the Tampa games twice we would have home ice this year.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
2m
Molson Game Day from Brooklyn begins at 6 on Leafs Nation Network. Andersen and former Marlie Chistopher Gibson are your projected starters. Carrick in for Polak, projected as well. We sit down with Calder favourite Matthew Barzal, and @bonzietweets joins me too.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Too many weapons; too fast a team; best coach in the league; best GM; best scouting... Islanders have no chance tonight. Leafs win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad