Confirmed with Link: Leafs invite Alan Lyszczarczyk to development camp

Pholus

May 23, 2014
If he ever makes the NHL and scores a goal would he be the first ever NHL goal scorer with 3 z's in his surname?

Quite possibly. I believe the current record is 2, which is held by Paul Szczechura.

I would have been ok with drafting this guy in the 5th or late, so I love this move. He and Sokolov were pretty much the only guys to do anything offensively for Sudbury this year.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Yeah he was a top scorer. I thought he would have been the perfect 6th or 7th round steal.

He dominated every league going to the OHL, and then did extremely well with very good, but very young, kids.

Let's see what he does. Continue offering guys. Offer Stransky. Derkatch drafted him after all. Offer anyone good :laugh:

Derk did not draft Stansky.....Saskatoon Blades drafted him and Derk worked for Prince Albert Raiders.

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Frankly he seems like a decent pick they could have made.

Let's see what impression he can make. Should look like a speed demon skating against some of those big guys ;)

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
It'll definitely be interesting to see who gets an invite. Lyszczarczyk is a good example of the kind of guy I like to see there. Ben Gleason, Kyle Maksimovich and Brayden Burke might be interesting too.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
I like it.

My model forecasts him at a 0.49ppg career, with an 11% bust probability - which is very, very low.

He's a smart pickup.

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Yowza

When this guy uses his own last name and jersey number as his password, I'm betting the site suggests he uses something simpler.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
It'll definitely be interesting to see who gets an invite. Lyszczarczyk is a good example of the kind of guy I like to see there. Ben Gleason, Kyle Maksimovich and Brayden Burke might be interesting too.

Toronto also had D - Jordan Murray (UNB, CIS) and F - Michael Carcone (Drummondville, QMJHL) at their camp.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I like it.

My model forecasts him at a 0.49ppg career, with an 11% bust probability - which is very, very low.

He's a smart pickup.

I'm biased, being a Sudbury fan, but I'm a huge promoter of Lyszczarczyk and what he brings to the table. He plays a very Brendan Gallagher-like game. A lot of speed, a lot of jam, a bit of offence. There were very few nights this year where the wolves played and he was not the hardest worker on the ice. He will skate through a wall for the team, get in peoples faces, draw a lot of penalties.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Heard that he was supposed to be an early 2nd round pick, but no one could figure out how to pronounce his name before the draft ended.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I like it.

He's a smart pickup.

Is this a joke about the Brooks projections or do you actually have a model? If so, please do share.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Happy to have him aboard! If he makes the team, he'll join the legendary Mariusz Czerkawski as Polish Maple Leafs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad