Injury Report: Leafs Injury Thread: No Injuries To Report, Knock On Wood.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Booth makes Lupul expendable.

He's a better and cheaper option for the IR.

And how exactly did you come to this conclusion :help:

Last season, the younger David Booth played 66 games while Joffrey Lupul played 69 games.

Joffrey Lupul posted this statline: 22G-44pts in 69GP(26G-52pts over 82GP)

while

David Booth posted this statline: 9G-19pts in 66GP (11G-23pts over 82GP)

Lupul almost scored more goals in 69GP than Booth was on pace for in points over 82GP. :help:

I don't see how someone could watch the game on Tuesday and not see the value in Lupul. In a game where the entire Toronto Maple Leafs looked like world beaters, one could argue Lupul was the best skater on the ice. He had 9 shots, a crossbar and a ridiculous amount of scoring chances. Lupul is an absolute gamebreaker. For both he and Nazem Kadri it's all about 3 C's though: chemistry, confidence, and consistency. Both of them look absolutely primed to breakout anytime soon and we're going to see their true colours! :yo:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
And how exactly did you come to this conclusion :help:

Last season, the younger David Booth played 66 games while Joffrey Lupul played 69 games.

Joffrey Lupul posted this statline: 22G-44pts in 69GP(26G-52pts over 82GP)

while

David Booth posted this statline: 9G-19pts in 66GP (11G-23pts over 82GP)

Lupul almost scored more goals in 69GP than Booth was on pace for in points over 82GP. :help:

I don't see how someone could watch the game on Tuesday and not see the value in Lupul. In a game where the entire Toronto Maple Leafs looked like world beaters, one could argue Lupul was the best skater on the ice. He had 9 shots, a crossbar and a ridiculous amount of scoring chances. Lupul is an absolute gamebreaker. For both he and Nazem Kadri it's all about 3 C's though: chemistry, confidence, and consistency. Both of them look absolutely primed to breakout anytime soon and we're going to see their true colours! :yo:

It was a joke, my friend. :laugh:

You'll notice I said he's a better option for the IR. Key words there are "for the IR".

As in, they're both injured all the time. So we should keep Booth on the IR, because Lupul is better to have in the lineup.

Sorry, I guess next time I'll use the :sarcasm:

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
It was a joke, my friend. :laugh:

You'll notice I said he's a better option for the IR. Key words there are "for the IR".

As in, they're both injured all the time. So we should keep Booth on the IR, because Lupul is better to have in the lineup.

Sorry, I guess next time I'll use the :sarcasm:

:laugh:

There are some truly delusional people around here so please excuse my ignorance!

Cheers! :handclap:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 6s6 seconds ago
Joffrey Lupul will not play tonight vs CMB. He's out indefinitely w/ broken bone in right hand after falling at practice yesterday #TMLtalk

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Broke his hand falling.

Not surprised.

Sucks cause he has been one of the Leafs best players, and was due to start scoring.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Our 2nd line just got more interesting.

Edit: Forgot the lineup was switched last game where Lupul was on the 1st line. It'll be interesting to see who slots into the top-6 now though.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 6s6 seconds ago
Joffrey Lupul will not play tonight vs CMB. He's out indefinitely w/ broken bone in right hand after falling at practice yesterday #TMLtalk

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You have to laugh, as sad as it is. Maybe the Leafs can find a way to replace his brittle bones with adamantium like Wolverine. While we're at it, let's give him his healing ability too cause you know Lupes.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Hey!
I play for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I'm injured...now...

bf110cd0c6de04d830bd578b4cf8b8dc.500x281x15.gif

Btw Hi Leafs Nation! I'm Nooodles and I'm probably the biggest Maple Leafs fan in Hungary. I've been following the Leafs since I was 10 (turn 22 in December). I bleed blue and white just like you guys. I don't have a clue why I decided to write my very first post on this site right now (probably because I'm a bit drunk) but I guess it turned out so good because Kessel just scored while I'm writing it. (I have a Kessel home jersey from Toronto) Awkward first post, but anyway, Go Leafs Go...and man, I hate Glenn Healy.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Welcome Noodles. (From Once Upon A Time In America?)

You are allowed to follow the Leafs with Viktor Orban in power? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad