News Article: Leafs in COVID Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The league should pause for a bit

the problem is venue's are already booked for concerts/events/NBA. it's not as simple as just pausing. There is no guarantee you can reschedule those lost games. which is why they won't do a whole league shut down because you then 100% have to shorten then season because it will be impossible to reschedule those games.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
the problem is venue's are already booked for concerts/events/NBA. it's not as simple as just pausing. There is no guarantee you can reschedule those lost games. which is why they won't do a whole league shut down because you then 100% have to shorten then season because it will be impossible to reschedule those games.
What a world we live in right now

Reactions: francis246

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I understand that but isn't players health should be the main concern?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I understand that but isn't players health should be the main concern?

Ofc it should be, but the NHL is also a multi-billion corporation. They need money and revenue. Especially since the NHL is a gate revenue driven league around 34% (decided to fact check and get the correct number), the loss would be really detrimental.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Just when we thought last year’s cup would be the one and only Covid Cup.

is a shortened season on deck?

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
You can tell stories to your grandchildren around a campfire about this great sport of armoured athletes who glided as fast as birds fly on ice frozen by machines powered by an invisible energy generated from the radioactive decay of elemental matter itself.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Matthews already had it so he is immune. Throw Campbell in net and Matthews could be the canuckleheads all by himself. :sarcasm:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
There's going to be a lot of tiresome, unpleasant bickering over COVID as most people -- myself included -- are pretty dug-in and repetitive in our posts.

Anyone who wants to know how I feel already knows that from my previous posts, and I'm sure everyone else really couldn't care less what I think.

That said, I'll try my best not to instigate nor respond, and to let things be.

I suggest we all truly hope for the best, even if we should plan for the worst!

Pulling together here for the best outcome, whatever that may be :)

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
There's going to be a lot of tiresome, unpleasant bickering over COVID as most people -- myself included -- are pretty dug-in and repetitive in our posts.

Anyone who wants to know how I feel already knows that from my previous posts, and I'm sure everyone else really couldn't care less what I think.

That said, I'll try my best not to instigate nor respond, and to let things be.

I suggest we all truly hope for the best, even if we should plan for the worst!

Pulling together here for the best outcome, whatever that may be :)
If your post quoted someone, it's somebody that made an account today just to troll this thread. I blocked that person already. But if you didn't quote anyone just ignore me I guess.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
This coming just after the league shut down 3 entire teams. This shit is never gonna end.

Oh, it will end, but not for at least 5 years. Historically pandemics are measured in eras, not years.

Then again, if that null protein pill hits the market, then it should be the end of Covid since all you have to do is take a pill to shut it down.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I prefer they just stop testing asymptomatic players.
Otherwise, this could go on for several years.

This is the direction the NFL is going and I think this is the way forward. I don't know exactly what the answer is but shutting down every time surely isn't it. Covid will still be here whenever these leagues decide to resume, it's not going away in the near future.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
This is the direction the NFL is going and I think this is the way forward. I don't know exactly what the answer is but shutting down every time surely isn't it. Covid will still be here whenever these leagues decide to resume, it's not going away in the near future.

Its never going away... so we learn to live with it as it becomes less and less deadly or we stay locked up in our rooms and play with ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad