News Article: Leafs impressing

Leafski

Jun 29, 2011
unanswered means scored in a row. They did score 3 unanswered goals as they scored 3 in a row

Okay.... so then according to your logic the Sens scored 2 unanswered goals... We very much answered after the 3rd one.

Sens score 1 (2-2)
no answer (1 unanswered goal)
Sens score 2 (3-2)
no answer (two unanswered goals)
Sens score 3 (4-2)
we answer with 2 goals

BayStreetBullies*

Yeah, we answered to their 2nd goal. As well as their 3rd and 4th.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
Good teams find a way to win when they're not playing amazingly. The Leafs have done that. You make your own luck to an extent.

Tyler Biggs*

Exactly, the team is not playing well but we'll take 6 points we may not deserve ALL season long. Clarkson will be CHOMPING at the bit to get back in the race and should provide a boost. Bolland is doing exactly what we expect from him. As the team gels, we could have something special going on here.

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs can play shaky and they still go 3-0, what's not to love?

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
It just sucks to think that to get out of the first round every year, we will probably have to go through one of Boston/Detroit. The playoff system should really have a re-ranking between both divisions in the east to get a true 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
3-0-0? They must be impressing?

We could easily be 0-3-0 right now. I guess that is the difference between good and bad teams.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It just sucks to think that to get out of the first round every year, we will probably have to go through one of Boston/Detroit. The playoff system should really have a re-ranking between both divisions in the east to get a true 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5.

Detroit finished 8th last year. I dont get this locking them in at 1-2 in our division.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
detroit is a solid team despite what they finished in a lockout year

They are a Datsyuk/Zetterberg injury away from missing the playoffs. Their bottom 6 is unimpressive with an aging top 6. Their D is good, but that team is going nowhere if one of Zetterberg or Datsyuk go down.

morrielly

Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Do people honestly think that teams like Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston etc. play lights out the whole season? Like relax guys...

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
What's impressed me so far is that the Leafs are winning while not playing impressively. :) Once this team is rolling and up to speed, things may get interesting.

This team is a solid group and has the potential to go far. It's too bad that we're not in a position to keep everyone for next season if it all comes together.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
What's impressed me so far is that the Leafs are winning while not playing impressively. :) Once this team is rolling and up to speed, things may get interesting.

This team is a solid group and has the potential to go far. It's too bad that we're not in a position to keep everyone for next season if it all comes together.

Exactly. Our depth at work.

Mr Scarface*

Melrose definitely hasn't been watching the games if he's been impressed.
I agree. This has always been the thing with the entertainment business and all. Some people just don't even see and watch these games and happenings. Then they just comment on things and write on em'. Going with just past experience and knowledge. Like that would indicate what's really happening. It's a shame. We have not been great at all, but still gets wins. That's a sign of a great team, but we have not been great on the ice at the beginning. This team will get there though. Soon as our soldiers like Clarkson and Frazer McLaren return. Soon as they return. Just wait and see for that late blooming season. We'lll get there and fight in the playoffs. Then I'm interested what Melrose says. He'll be watching then too.

Do people honestly think that teams like Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston etc. play lights out the whole season? Like relax guys...
Not all of them, but some will. I guarantee one of the teams like Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles will struggle long periods of times at some point of the season. These teams have already won everything and there's not the same motivation that some of the other great teams have. The drive is not the same the whole 82 game long season. Teams will relax and go easy at times, then they shall lose a lot.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I haven't actually liked our game so far this season. Was at the Sens game (great atmosphere btw), and it was so miserable to watch - sloppy, loose, and terrible.

3-0-0 while playing crap hockey, and without a top 6 forward, and a top 4-Dman (Franson) who missed training camp.

How are more people not excited? We are 3-0-0 playing crap, and can only get better. Franson will improve, and Clarkson will be back, and the quality of our play should (hopefully) improve. It'll be interesting to see just how good this team is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad