Post-Game Talk: Leafs Hold On | 6-4 Win Over Panthers

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Brodie over Lyubushkin.

I know most people don't like him at the moment, but Brodie plays ~5 mins more a game in tougher matchups. Give Brodie easier matchups and #4 dman minutes if you have to and it'd be better than having Bush play 22+ mins per game.
Not in a tough physical series. He’ll be spinning like a top and run out of the building just like he was in the playoffs last year.

TopCheeseShotta

Mar 1, 2020
Brodie's been great for 3 games now.. you love to see it!! Cross your fingers, toes and eyeballs Leaf fans - cuz him gettin' his mind right would be huge right now. Y'all need to ease up and bury the hatchet on homeboy, as he's been mistake free for a few in a row now.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
PK actually looked good.

PP is bad. We need Marner back. That will let us put Bert back in the slot and JT back on the 2PP unit.

Yet another indication that JT must not be on the ice with Willy - Panthers were ignoring JT and double-teaming Willy as soon as he got the puck. It's like playing a man short.

First period: forecheck hard, outscore them 2-0.

Second period: forecheck hard, outscore them 3-1, with their 1 being pure luck.

Third period: stop forechecking, sit back and try to defend a lead, get outscored 0-3 until Matty's EN seals it.

Conclusion: Keefe is a genius?

PS: I'm pissed at Matthews for the lame pass attempt to Willy just before he scored. GET THE •§¥©#@? PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE!!! (Other than that, good game Matty.)

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Would you wear a dead man's boots?

Asking for a friend. Personally I think the idea is morbid. I'd rather not follow in the recently deceased footsteps.

I only bring this up because Keefe is a dead man walking.

Even though Florida lost Maurice still schooled him. It's apparent Keefe doesn't have what it takes to be a top coach in the NHL. Only 32 positions in the world doesn't leave room for mediocrity.

But for some reason the Leafs still went with Keefe again this year.

I've seen more intelligent amoeba's. Keefe's a few fries short of a happy meal. That's on top of having a horrible case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Shouldn't be too long now before he's done digging his own grave.

• Love
Reactions: Suntouchable13

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
4th line gets 8 minutes.
PK + PP = 10 minutes. Marner, Nylander & Matthews take 6 min. each.
Remaining 42 split between 3 lines = 14 minutes per line
6 + 14 minutes = 20 minutes each subject to adjustments for which line(s) are playing better.

I know it's possible, I just don't believe Keefe will do it.

If it's a close game he won't roll 3 lines equally. He will have Mattews or Marner out for 25 mins.

What he might do if the Leafs are trailing is throw Nylander up with them for extra shifts

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Leafs PP goals/60 with Marner: 12.25
Leafs PP goals/60 without Marner: 4.96

The Leafs PP with Marner is up there with McDavid and Kucherov with their teams.

• Wow
Reactions: Tarmore and Jojalu

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Felt like Keefe was experimenting out there like this was a Tuesday game in November, which is odd considering a win here closed the gap to 4 points.

Concerned about the missing D atm, hopefully just precaution heading into the playoffs. Would like to see Mo, Edmundson and Liljegren get some reps.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Felt like Keefe was experimenting out there like this was a Tuesday game in November, which is odd considering a win here closed the gap to 4 points.

Concerned about the missing D atm, hopefully just precaution heading into the playoffs. Would like to see Mo, Edmundson and Liljegren get some reps.

Sammy could of sealed a Leafs record a few weeks ago and Keefe did the same. The guy is a buffoon.

Honestly have no idea how he has survived as coach this long. The special teams performance for our talent level is worthy of a firing alone.

horner

May 22, 2007
These dumb backhanded passes passes in the dzone need to stop .
Culprits JT and Brodie last night
Other culprits Marner Mathew's Rielly

They work 40% of the time Brodie can't make a forward pass.

This meeds to stop in the playoffs or we aren't winning crap

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Sammy could of sealed a Leafs record a few weeks ago and Keefe did the same. The guy is a buffoon.

Honestly have no idea how he has survived as coach this long. The special teams performance for our talent level is worthy of a firing alone.
I would prefer the Leafs start the playoffs on the road, the less control Keefe has the better off we are. Waiting for him to do something weird like put JT on the top line for game 1.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think last night's game has no more meaning for the playoffs than the last two Boston games did. It was a good win in terms of making up some ground in the standings. I still think the Leafs will end up in the conference final this year, and it will be a question of whether they can beat the Rangers or the Hurricanes (unless Tampa upsets them both, which would be nice).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thought Nylander looked pretty disinterested last night, not a lot of effort spent.
Wonder if he's not 100%?

Reactions: bax

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

He admitted after the game he was purposely putting the kid line out of sequence positions to get them used to playing in tougher moments. Said that’s how they’ll learn, suppose some merit in that.

Reactions: bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad