Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs on Saturday Night...Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Use the opportunity to try and lure someone from Trana's management.

Hey Lou, do you really need Jacques Lemaire? Let us borrow him for a year or two -- he's needed to be President of Hockey Ops, with perks.

Perks are: he can kick 87 nepotist asses all day long.

Outside of that ... how in the hell are they going to bounce back against Trana? They lost to the worst team in the league.

Reactions: groovejuice

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
WIN so i Win BEER

otherwise lose every other game. Tank baby Tank

murray

Oct 6, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Patch, Drouin, Chucky, and Benn out today with flu-like symptoms... and the chance of a Niemi start.

This...wow. Uh.

I might watch, but only out of absolute morbid curiosity.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Patch, Drouin, Chucky, and Benn out today with flu-like symptoms... and the chance of a Niemi start.

This...wow. Uh.

Bergevin literally said that Niemi's stats look bad because he played against good teams. I can't see him playing against the Leafs.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water

This...wow. Uh.

LOL

Yep, nothing like a little self torture.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But, like...every team is better than us. So Niemi never plays? Charlie can't play forever, and after last night, he might need a bit of a breather.
Bergevin made it clear that Niemi looks bad because of the high scoring teams he played against. It would be odd if they play him against the 2nd highest scoring team. Although, Bergevin is usually filled with bs so what would I know. I would have played Niemi against the Yotes and Lindgren against the Leafs.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Bergevin made it clear that Niemi looks bad because of the high scoring teams he played against. It would be odd if they play him against the 2nd highest scoring team. Although, Bergevin is usually filled with bs so what would I know. I would have played Niemi against the Yotes and Lindgren against the Leafs.

Management doesn't make logical decisions.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Possibility of a Matthews return and Niemi in nets and on a Saturday HNIC broadcast?

It's like those car crashes you can't look away.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Theres no chance Niemi will start against toronto
I dont known why you are even entertaining that possibility...

He might get a game in the b2b next week, but thats it

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

We have a day off today and two more after the Leafs game. No reason Lindgren wouldn’t be starting. Niemi will only play if Charlie starts to struggle, the schedule gets heavy or there’s back to backs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You know that it would be hard to watch but an 8-2 shellacking on home ice in front of the entire country is what is needed.

I hope they are stupid enough to start Niemi. I also hope that Lindgren is not subject to the embarrassment that Saturday night will bring.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
If the same club shows up that played the 2nd & 3rd we are going to get spanked.

Hopefully the first period Canadiens show up and then it should be a close game.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
HNIC will be pumped, their Leafs can pound on the Habs on a Saturday night. Ron can do his awful lead-ins, his pointless stories that tie together with nothing of value. The HNIC crew can tell Habs nation how they should rebuild like the Leafs, follow that direction. They will tell us how good Bergevin is, how highly thought after his is around the league. Then clueless Elliott can chime in with hockey strategy, and insight, with all those years of bantam hockey experience he has behind him.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I wonder what will be funnier to watch tomorrow night, the Habs or SNL.

Well one of those, while not being close to it's former glory, has been quite comical over the last few years...and the other is a late-night TV show.

Last edited:
Reactions: peate

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
I hope deslauriers doesn't play.Take out the shield if you want to be a fighter. Don't be a ***** picking on 185 pounds shift disturber rinaldo, when you weigh 215. Fight a man your own size and take off the visor. Rinaldo showed great courage dropping the mitts last night and it gave the yotes momentum. Just like Matt Martin, a non visor wearing real dur à cuire, will bring his team momentum by dropping with you. Lose the visor deslauriers or go back to the AHL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad