Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs: Game 4: lets hear your game 4 lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The North started the playoffs a week late because of Vancouver's regular season rescheduling. It's the NHL's way of trying to catch us back up with everyone else.

And yet the Cgy/Van games were taking place while the playoffs in the states were going on. So us and Wpg/Edm get b2b’s. Beyond stupid.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
The North started the playoffs a week late because of Vancouver's regular season rescheduling. It's the NHL's way of trying to catch us back up with everyone else.
so what
one extra day wont matter .. a back to back in playoffs is dumb .. we are only 1 game behind other series anways.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Price still scares me, that said on a back to back like this, I’m hoping he’s a little less sharp than yesterday

Pepper him with shots and crash the net at a high volume. Seems like he can be still be beat clean on screened shots but he’s able to battle vs garbage goals. We’ve scored 7 on him in 3 games.

Reactions: glue

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I can’t see how they can start Andy today. The Marlies and Sens games gave me zero confidence he can find his game this quickly. Just looks off
...and Price looked like poop in his 1/2 game start vs the Marlies, you have a better point to make about meaningless games?

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Thornton should be wearing a blue suite and should be standing behind the Leaf players bench as an assistant coach.
He can give encouragement and wisdom, and at the same time he can tickle their ears with his two-foot-long beard.:sarcasm:

Honestly, it must have been written into his contract that he has to play every single game.
Any other player not named Thornton would have been sitting in the press box if they had played like Thornton.

Keefe is wearing out Thornton's line mates who are continuously playing short when iceberg-Thornton takes the ice.
Playing Thornton instead of Brookes has almost become comical, but not in a good way.

Elder abuse is rampant in the NHL.:naughty:

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I liked Galchenyuk with Matthews Marner.
I’d do

Gal-Matthew’s-Marner
Foligno-Kerfoot-Nylander
Mik-Engval-Hyman (huge fan of this line before)
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly-Brodie
Muzz-Holl
Sandin-Bogo

G is the hardest. I hate back to backs and in the playoffs they really shouldn’t be a thing. I’d probably still go Campbell though
Would love to see Nash in for Thornton, they're both black holes offensively but Nash is great on the PK.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
WE ALL NEED A BLOWOUT WIN!!!!!!!!!

Leaf Nation , management , and most importantly the players are in need of a old fashioned ass kicking and blowout goal and point frenzied victory ...
This would be the best medicine we could all hope for moving forward ..
We can all breathe better once we take control of this series as we should by the way , we are the superior team , no doubt about it .
We need to develop a strong confident identity moving forward , but to do so we need to put it all together tonight with our best playoff game since this core group has been together .
I feel that tonight should be a statement game to themselves , by taking complete control of the game and series and moving forward
Go Leafs Go !

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Would love to see Nash in for Thornton, they're both black holes offensively but Nash is great on the PK.

The chances Thornton is ever bench is none. We need vets coming in at 800K going forward. We can’t have precedence of them getting benched in the playoffs.
He def deserves to sit a game, but likely won’t

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Hopefully Foligno is good to go again.

I'd probably pull Nash, Galchenyuk, and Thornton out, putting Brooks, Foligno, and Robertson in. Galchenyuk hasn't been good, Thornton has been terrible (I figure he stays in unfortunately), and Nash just isn't doing anything. We need to tilt the ice and score, we don't need our depth to shut down their depth lol.

Ride Campbell. We're at the point where every single game is a big game. Win tonight and it's practically over. Lose tonight and we've gotta win 2 out of 3 against a goalie who's playing out of his mind. Fortunately for us, Campbell is also doing great and the Habs don't have anyone who can score or force chances inside the danger areas.

Go out and get that W.
that is exactly Nash's game though. when he is on the ice, nothing happens. he is a safety time killing machine. zero offense in either direction.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
I don't think the Leafs really give a shit about the ELC. If they feel he's ready to make a contribution to the team, he'll play.

We burnt Nylander's ELC on a wasted season the year we drafted Matthews.

Should be noted that Lou Lam was the GM for both of those

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto

So far this series, 3 of Montreal’s 4 goals have comes off the rush/breakaway. I think this is why Keefe had the boys just sit back and play 4 back yesterday. Block their rush attempt and their cycle chances don’t generate anything high danger.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

So far this series, 3 on Montreal’s goals have comes off the rush/breakaway. I think this is why Keefe had the boys just sit back and play 4 back yesterday. Block their rush attempt and their cycle chances don’t generate anything high danger.

Still, it was a flawed strategy that almost bit us in the ass.

The best way to defend a lead is to keep possession, which is what got us the lead in the first place.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
If Foligno is not back, want to see Brooks drawing in for Nash
Look at the Habs goal. People blaming reilly, but it was Thornton who didn’t cover a pinching leafs dman. I’m pretty sure any other NHLer and all of our AHLers would have covered. He is losing more than just his feet and his hands. He can’t think the game at a high level.

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Kerfoot-Nylander
Mikheyev-Engvall-Hyman
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

That's the most balanced attack we can muster with this group imo.
Gally has been effective at not giving anything up. We need his speed and size in lineup. He needs a kick in the ass re his work in the offensive zone just like Marner, but I don’t think we take him out.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The chances Thornton is ever bench is none. We need vets coming in at 800K going forward. We can’t have precedence of them getting benched in the playoffs.
He def deserves to sit a game, but likely won’t

So we have to keep playing them whether they are a liability or not? That makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad