Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs: Game 4: lets hear your game 4 lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's good in a shutdown role, though. Montreal doesn't have a line or player worth shutting down.

Still important to get him his reps. We need him ready to go should make it out of this round, because he’ll be key against a team with Connor, Ehlers, Schiefele, Wheeler, Stastny, etc.

Also, just because Montreal doesn’t have any elite offensive talent, doesn’t mean we can stop playing Defense. Our team, with Nash playing 2 of the 3 games so far, has done an excellent job for the most part, of limiting chances.

It’s important, whether we are facing Toffoli/Caufield or Connor/Ehlers.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Can we just give up on Robertson coming in for Thornton?

If Thornton comes out it will be for Nash (if Foligno's in) or Brooks (if Foligno's out)

Always add Centre depth before a small teenage winger who hasn't played in over a month

It's crazy how many people want him to come in ice cold. If he's playing these playoffs it's not a great sign for the teams health.

Reactions: egd27

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Replicate the first 40 of last night and we'll be in a great position... but we need to do a way, way better job closing it out. Last night was the worst third period I've seen in a long time

Reactions: wingman75 and glue

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'd go with Fred as the starter tonight. No reason to overwork Campbell.

But I know I'm in the vast minority. This fanbase has completely given up on Andersen. I like Campbell a lot, and he's playing great. But it's not that much different from Andersen's performance against Columbus, and he got vilified for it.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I don’t think I’m wrong. Have you played high level hockey? Thornton’s only job was to cover right dman and Mikeyhev. And he stood there doing nothing. I agree Reilly had bad gap coverage but it started with Joe standing still and not getting on the right side of the puck.

He wasn't standing still, he was actually skating.

Ripley's believe it or not.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I'd go with Fred as the starter tonight. No reason to overwork Campbell.

But I know I'm in the vast minority. This fanbase has completely given up on Andersen. I like Campbell a lot, and he's playing great. But it's not that much different from Andersen's performance against Columbus, and he got vilified for it.

Andersen has given the fan base plenty of reasons to give up on him.

Sub 900 sv%

This is the playoffs. We don’t have time for the king of excuses to come in and give up his patented back breaking goals.

Reactions: IPS and Joufreau

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He's good in a shutdown role, though. Montreal doesn't have a line or player worth shutting down.

No harm in getting him some reps so he's more game ready when his role is more important. Particularly when we are already down a very good centre.

Reactions: al secord

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Thorton really does us no favours on the PP. When our PP had like a 40% success rate earlier in the year, we had Simmonds in front of the net and a couple of shooters (Matthews, JT) on there. Right now, we have just the 1 shooter and Thorton does nothing but turn it over.

Put Wayne back in front of the net, and add a shooter to PP1 - Nylander or Spezza. Hell, add them both and take out Mitch.

Reactions: ToneDog

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Andersen has given the fan base plenty of reasons to give up on him.

Sub 900 sv%

This is the playoffs. We don’t have time for the king of excuses to come in and give up his patented back breaking goals.

Freddy's numbers this reg season are trash because he played hurt while Jack was unavailable. And speaking of backbreaking goals, Campbell gave up:

The first goal of the series, en route to a game 1 loss.
The first goal of the next game, early in the 1st.
A go-ahead shorthanded goal late in the 3rd.

Of his 4 goals against, 3 could be called back breakers.

I like Campbell. He's playing great. I don't blame him for those goals. And I have no issues if he plays tonight.

But I know without a doubt that Leafs nation would have torn Andersen apart for each of those, had it been him in net. The fanbase turned on Andersen, and your post is a great example. I doubt the organization, coaching and management, thinks as little of Andersen as the average fan. He might very well play.

Edit:
BTW, Campbell has also gotten 2.6 goals per game for run support. Fred got 1.8 against Cbus.

Last edited:

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I’m not comfortable with how close this series has been given the fact that Montreal really, really sucks.

Lets assert some dominance in this game and break their spirit. L’anta Yo!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m not comfortable with how close this series has been given the fact that Montreal really, really sucks.

Lets assert some dominance in this game and break their spirit. L’anta Yo!
We lost 4 years in a row first round but gave every team a run for their money. Two were cup champions. It’s never easy. Wasn’t for them and won’t be for us

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Freddy's numbers this reg season are trash because he played hurt while Jack was unavailable. And speaking of backbreaking goals, Campbell gave up:

The first goal of the series, en route to a game 1 loss.
The first goal of the next game, early in the 1st.
A go-ahead shorthanded goal late in the 3rd.

Of his 4 goals against, 3 could be called back breakers.

I like Campbell. He's playing great. I don't blame him for those goals. And I have no issues if he plays tonight.

But I know without a doubt that Leafs nation would have torn Andersen apart for each of those, had it been him in net. The fanbase turned on Andersen, and your post is a great example. I doubt the organization, coaching and management, thinks as little of Andersen as the average fan. He might very well play.

Why were his numbers trash last year too? Has he been injured for two years?

Bernier and Gustavsson went to the Marlies on conditioning stints and both posted 950+ sv%

Andersen couldn’t even post 900%

Come on. He’s not a good goalie. Campbell is.

Campbell hasn’t given up a bad goal. But do you want to know why no one complains about him? When you need a big save Campbell makes it. He ALWAYS makes the ones that matter. That’s what cup winning goalies do.

Do you know what Andersen does when he needs to make a big save? Pucks have a way of going right through him.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I want to just leave Matthews out for the whole 2 min on the PP.

Matthews Marner Sandin et al.

Matthews Nylander Rielly et al.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I would start Andersen tonight. We are up a game, he will want to prove he is still dominate. We are in drivers seat.

As for lineup, I really hope Foligno is back tonight. We need more bang tonight. I personally would sit Jumbo tonight.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Foligno-Nylander
Engvall-Kerfoot-Micheyev
Spezza-Nash-Simmonds

Keep D the same.

Reactions: qqaz and egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad