GDT: Leafs@Flyers 7PM SNO (8:08 puck drop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think the Leafs are going to take this game 5-4 or something crazy.
Really don't rate Neuvirth at all.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
oh good grief. and I thought I was melodramatic.
Babcock is not horrible, he's not castrating the offense, and it will be better.

Only thing worse than those who blindly hate are those who blindly appeal to authority. While his wording could be better, objectively the stats do show the offense has died, and anywhere else coaching would be called out for it.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I changed my avatar back to the blue leaf to give us a spark. If this fails all hope is lost.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Only thing worse than those who blindly hate are those who blindly appeal to authority. While his wording could be better, objectively the stats do show the offense has died, and anywhere else coaching would be called out for it.

:laugh: okay so i say babcock makes weird and dumb decisions at times, and that = blindly appeal to authority. okay there. a good chunk of the offense is due to the fact that one player is shooting at 2% (so I'm really trying to figure out how calling out the coach would help that), and another chunk of the players are in their 2nd year trying to figure crap out.

or you know. having such a young team who while scored in buckets, couldn't hold a lead if their lives depended on it so sooooo much better than having a team who can play a bit more sound (even though they had some miscues the last few games - but you know Rielly making two gaffes, and a defensive breakdown is obvious Babcock's fault too).

it's a bad stretch. could Babcock make some changes, of course, and I never said he shouldn't.
but complaining on the fact that he's trying to teach this team how play playoff hockey so they can have success in the playoffs, when they have the point buffer to do so - vs. scoring a bucketful of goals, and being unable to hold down the leads (last time i checked the leafs are like 16, 3 and 2 when leading after two maybe a an extra loss here due to St Louis + Columbus where as last year they were beyond. bad).

if this was like two years from now, and everyone is more consistent, we have better defensive options instead of wanting to promote every single Marlie up, and Babcock is making these decisions and we're fighting for our playoff lives, sure, it makes all the sense. but taking into everything into account, i think ultimately at the end the Leafs will be better knowing how to play within and against different types of hockey vs. pond hockey and hoping that we can just continuously out score everyone and everything.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sorry to ask a question relating to the game tonight but any idea yet who is sitting between Dermott, Carrick and Borgman?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Sorry to ask a question relating to the game tonight but any idea yet who is sitting between Dermott, Carrick and Borgman?
If the lines are the same as during practice it looks like Borgman is sitting again

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
:laugh: okay so i say babcock makes weird and dumb decisions at times, and that = blindly appeal to authority. okay there. a good chunk of the offense is due to the fact that one player is shooting at 2% (so I'm really trying to figure out how calling out the coach would help that), and another chunk of the players are in their 2nd year trying to figure crap out.

or you know. having such a young team who while scored in buckets, couldn't hold a lead if their lives depended on it so sooooo much better than having a team who can play a bit more sound (even though they had some miscues the last few games - but you know Rielly making two gaffes, and a defensive breakdown is obvious Babcock's fault too).

it's a bad stretch. could Babcock make some changes, of course, and I never said he shouldn't.
but complaining on the fact that he's trying to teach this team how play playoff hockey so they can have success in the playoffs, when they have the point buffer to do so - vs. scoring a bucketful of goals, and being unable to hold down the leads (last time i checked the leafs are like 16, 3 and 2 when leading after two maybe a an extra loss here due to St Louis + Columbus where as last year they were beyond. bad).

if this was like two years from now, and everyone is more consistent, we have better defensive options instead of wanting to promote every single Marlie up, and Babcock is making these decisions and we're fighting for our playoff lives, sure, it makes all the sense. but taking into everything into account, i think ultimately at the end the Leafs will be better knowing how to play within and against different types of hockey vs. pond hockey and hoping that we can just continuously out score everyone and everything.

You have been defending Babcock for a while not, which is fair you are allowed your opinion, but I have also noticed you don't want to accept that maybe some of this is Babcocks fault.

If you look at last years numbers, the Leafs stopped blowing leads in the 2nd half of last year, and the offense died and all the shooting% dropped around when Babcock changed the system to dump and chase.

Not to mention failing to play the top offensive players in key and opportunistic situations with proper support via linemates is linked to a lack of production.

Reactions: Tlo1 and ToMaLe

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

none as of yet.

(oh, apparently, borgman)

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Babs said there would be pain. Apparently many posters cannot handle it :)

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Komarov and Hyman again get close to 20 mins of ice time and we lose, then Babcock deserve all the criticism he gets.

But Willie and Mitch getting 20+ minutes and we lose is acceptable ? When Babs answers to the fans, he'll need to buy a ticket to Leaf games.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Honestly the best thing to save our season would be to lose the next 4/5. The press pressure will eventually break ego cock. When your team isn’t scoring and komarov/hyman are toi leaders it’s obvious what needs to be done.

Marleau matthews nylander
Brown kadri Kapanen
Jvr bozo marner
Komarov goat hyman

My god, babs worst quality is his ineptitude in regard to supporting his star players. There is no excuse as to why the kadri line is still intact, just brutal bs Saskatchewan bias at play.

Wings fans warned us about this guy, they were right.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Great. I see Borgman as a show of Babcock's middle finger to the Polak haters. LOL

I don't mind Polak playing but Borgman may have been a better choice than Carrick. Of course that being said without knowing what goes on behind the scenes.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Babs said there would be pain. Apparently many posters cannot handle it :)

apparently, as i was told, they 'could' but not if Babcock was inflicting it.

at any rate, Philly is generally a tough draw for us, so i'd just like to leave there healthy and with at least one point.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
If Komarov and Hyman again get close to 20 mins of ice time and we lose, then Babcock deserve all the criticism he gets.

why, Hyman?
as Nith has pointed out countless times, he's doing very well in his role this year, and a lot of his extra minutes is coming from penalty kill which we draw more than powerplays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad