GDT: Leafs@Flames 9PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I'm mildly torn on how to feel about Rittich starting for Calgary tonight.

On one hand, if he's their backup, I like not playing a team's starter if we don't have to. On the other hand, part of me feels disrespected any time we draw a team's backup goaltender and they aren't on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.
Rittich is pretty much better than Smith, so it's not good news either way.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Gotta beat the other Canadian teams. It seems to truly effect them in a tough way when they lose to the Leafs even if we are in a different conference then them.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The Leafs have played a crap ton of hockey lately. This isn't going to be an easy game off the bat.

Just hope they bring some structure and push back and hope for the best.

we need home ice; boston is 3 pts up with same number of games played

any kind of lackluster effort is unacceptable

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Our alleged physicality issue is just another in a long line of false forced narratives by our media. Unfortunately too many people in this city seem to take their cues from the talking heads and not bother forming their own opinions.

I never believed the physicality issue, physicality can be many things.

However, we do lack compete quite often, and defensive positioning from forward down. So that can be quite alarming. I do think analysts are right about many parts of our team game, and we need to be better if we want to go far in the playoffs.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Cant explain why but i have no hate at all for calgary. Edmonton, Vancouver and Atlanta well thats another story. Would have liked Petan to get another shot after scoring the game winner. But Babcock will do his Babcock things. Petan must feel like he has gone to Peg part 2. When Kadri comes back i think he gets buried. Just womder who gets buried with him

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What did Tavares ever do to them?

Didn't sign with their hockey club or in the case of the Flames, didn't even give them an interview.

Tavares become overrated the instant he signed with the Leafs on July 1st.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Didn't sign with their hockey club or in the case of the Flames, didn't even give them an interview.

Tavares become overrated the instant he signed with the Leafs on July 1st.
I like the Flames, hope they do well other than tonight.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Same. I like their team, especially now that Burke isn’t a part of it. Knew they would have a big year if goaltending was even remotely close to average. Picked them to win the division.

They are in that lot of 5-6 teams including the Leafs having marvellous seasons but it’s being overshadowed by just how good Tampa has been.

Tough one tonight. They have only lost six times in regulation at home.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Same. I like their team, especially now that Burke isn’t a part of it. Knew they would have a big year if goaltending was even remotely close to average. Picked them to win the division.

They are in that lot of 5-6 teams including the Leafs having marvellous seasons but it’s being overshadowed by just how good Tampa has been.

I hope the Flames choke away the division and get destroyed by Vegas in the first round

Reactions: McDLT

DankinIT

Freddie's Angels
Nov 26, 2018
Calgary
I'm mildly torn on how to feel about Rittich starting for Calgary tonight.

On one hand, if he's their backup, I like not playing a team's starter if we don't have to. On the other hand, part of me feels disrespected any time we draw a team's backup goaltender and they aren't on the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

They have been pretty back and forth with Rittich and Smith this season. Rittich has the better record.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I never believed the physicality issue, physicality can be many things.

However, we do lack compete quite often, and defensive positioning from forward down. So that can be quite alarming. I do think analysts are right about many parts of our team game, and we need to be better if we want to go far in the playoffs.
Part of physicality/grit is standing up for yourself and your teammates, especially when someone takes a run or injures them. It's fine if some fans are ok with our guys never answering the bell, but it doesn't sit well with me. When people talk about grit and compete specifically for the playoffs, there's a false narrative bandied about that it means we want a bunch of Frazer Mclaren and Colton Orrs running roughshod; that's not the ask at all. We simply want more of what we've seen glimpses of with Moore and Muzzin - some give a shit compete and not wilting under increased pressure/physicality.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They have been pretty back and forth with Rittich and Smith this season. Rittich has the better record.
I honestly don't understand why. Isn't Rittich clearly better? I mean he's not as good as he was earlier in the year but he's still the way better goalie between the two. Unless he was getting tired and they decided to get him some rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad