GDT: Leafs @ Flames, 18-Jan-2024 @ 7:00, Sportsnet

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Adam Klapka is not in tonight. Probably. He is very tall.

As per the lines and pairings used during morning skate, this evening's projected lineup is as follows:

Forwards:
Jonathan Huberdeau - Elias Lindholm - Yegor Sharangovich
Connor Zary - Nazem Kadri - Martin Pospisil
Andrew Mangiapane - Mikael Backlund - Blake Coleman
A.J. Greer - Adam Ruzicka - Dillon Dube

Defence:
MacKenzie Weegar - Rasmus Andersson
Noah Hanifin - Chris Tanev
Jordan Oesterle - Nick DeSimone

Goaltender:
Dan Vladar

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/index

Go Flam.

Last edited:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Klapka called up? Niiice. I hope we see him get action. If not tonight, soon. I really hope we beat the bejeezus outta Toronto. I mean like.. just run them off the ice and the camera shoots overs to Tre crying.

12-0. Okay that's nuts. 8-0. 😂 GFG!!!!

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
1000000154.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Am I the only one surprised that Klapka was recalled instead of Coronato?
We have Ruzicka and Dube doing next to nothing on the 4th line. I'd rather see Coronato there than Klapka. Coronato is head and shoulders above Klapka when it comes to talent.

Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Need to improve that 4th line really.
Klapka has been described as a big ol' teddy bear, a gentle giant, and a Golden Retriever. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me that he's better than whoever he replaces on the 4th line (Greer, Ruzicka, Dube).

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Am I the only one surprised that Klapka was recalled instead of Coronato?
We have Ruzicka and Dube doing next to nothing on the 4th line. I'd rather see Coronato there than Klapka. Coronato is head and shoulders above Klapka when it comes to talent.

I think its better for Coronato to get 1st line minutes in AHL than 4th line minutes and linemates on NHL.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Vladar in net again? Sure he played a good game against the Yotes but what's with not playing Wolf?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think its better for Coronato to get 1st line minutes in AHL than 4th line minutes and linemates on NHL.
Agreed. His skating still needs a little more work imo before he can be an impact nhler. He's got the puck handling and NHL shot, but even at the AHL it seems to me he's a little slow.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
D
Agreed. His skating still needs a little more work imo before he can be an impact nhler. He's got the puck handling and NHL shot, but even at the AHL it seems to me he's a little slow.
Does our NHL skating coach also work with the farm team? I'd imagine eh? She's supposed to be good. Hopefully we see big improvement from him as he goes along.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So are you saying that Klapka is more NHL ready than Coronato?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
So are you saying that Klapka is more NHL ready than Coronato?
Rubi, Coronato is getting NHL sheltered and playing top minutes, special teams in the A. His last 3 games've been nampy pamby, just keep the kid down there for the time being. I get your point but his time will come- it's a marathon and the 4th line seems lost- Klapka will apply additional pressure after Walker's departure.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Yeah, The Bison isn't a 4th liner. May as well see if Klapka can do his thing on that line. Walker was a bloody ghost.. but not in the good way.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Jones is having a hell of a year for the Leafs. Hard to believe this is the same Jones we all made fun of when he played the last couple of years for the Sharks and with Philly and Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad