Leafs fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Wait a minute, so if someone decides to take a break from posting in the Leafs forum on HFBoards, you automatically assume that they are not following the Leafs during that time? Personally, I don't like tank talk -- so I wasn't around the Leafs board much this year. However, I was still watching most Leaf games as usual. Just because someone doesn't show up to play with you in this sandbox doesn't mean they bailed on the Leafs.
:shakehead

True enough but I dont think a true fan can bail on his team, once you fall in love with the leafs there is no turning back lol

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It does slightly annoy me how many people bailed on this team and are now going to come back like they were here all along. I guess it's their right but I have tremendous respect for all the people here who stuck by them all year. You know who you are and I won't forget you guys. :cry:

Not all Leaf fans are the blind ones who paint their faces blue and drive around with blue Maple Leaf flags on their car when the team is sitting in 30th place

There's also some intelligent fans who won't support an ownership group who refuse to improve a team that's been burning in a dumpster fire for 50 years. Yes, those are the fans who didn't "stick by their team" - and they're also the ones who ultimately will force a change

Although the reason the Leafs look to be on the up and up isn't because those fans walked out on their team when they totally sucked, and it isn't because ownership woke up one days and said "hey, let's make the Leafs better today" - no, the reason the Leafs look to be promising now is because they HAVE to be promising - it's the only way Rogers can pay off their 5.2Billion television deal. It's that simple. If the Leafs suck these next 10 years, then that deal could sink Rogers because the fans will continue to tune out in droves just like they have been for several years now, and if Leaf fans aren't watching, then there's less advertising to sell because no one's watching. That's a losing scenario for ownership and they know that CAN'T happen if they want to survive this TV deal. But if the Leafs are competitive for the next 10 years, then that equals more viewership, which equals higher advertising revenues for Rogers, which equals a win for them (and the team).

What's happening right now with the Leafs isn't because the owners woke up happy one morning and wanted to win, it's because they're forced to win to keep their company afloat and possibly prosper at the end of the 12 year deal. Still- it's a win-win for everyone involved if it works out.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Not all Leaf fans are the blind ones who paint their faces blue and drive around with blue Maple Leaf flags on their car when the team is sitting in 30th place

There's also some intelligent fans who won't support an ownership group who refuse to improve a team that's been burning in a dumpster fire for 50 years. Yes, those are the fans who didn't "stick by their team" - and they're also the ones who ultimately will force a change

Although the reason the Leafs look to be on the up and up isn't because those fans walked out on their team when they totally sucked, and it isn't because ownership woke up one days and said "hey, let's make the Leafs better today" - no, the reason the Leafs look to be promising now is because they HAVE to be promising - it's the only way Rogers can pay off their 5.2Billion television deal. It's that simple. If the Leafs suck these next 10 years, then that deal could sink Rogers because the fans will continue to tune out in droves just like they have been for several years now, and if Leaf fans aren't watching, then there's less advertising to sell because no one's watching. That's a losing scenario for ownership and they know that CAN'T happen if they want to survive this TV deal. But if the Leafs are competitive for the next 10 years, then that equals more viewership, which equals higher advertising revenues for Rogers, which equals a win for them (and the team).

What's happening right now with the Leafs isn't because the owners woke up happy one morning and wanted to win, it's because they're forced to win to keep their company afloat and possibly prosper at the end of the 12 year deal. Still- it's a win-win for everyone involved if it works out.

What?:laugh:

So not visiting HF boards for most of the year and then coming back, is some how taking a stand against ownership? I'm sure they showed them.:biglaugh:

I'm not sure what driving around with a flag and painting your face have to do with this board. If people are that upset, then don't buy tickets, merchandise etc. Whether they visit this board or not, has minimal (if any) impact on the team.

It has nothing to with being blind and the key word is Leaf fan. Wanting to talk about the team you cheer for, on a message board, does not affect ownership. I feel you just wanted somewhere to rant on this subject because it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. It's OK, I'm here to listen.:D

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Wait a minute, so if someone decides to take a break from posting in the Leafs forum on HFBoards, you automatically assume that they are not following the Leafs during that time? Personally, I don't like tank talk -- so I wasn't around the Leafs board much this year. However, I was still watching most Leaf games as usual. Just because someone doesn't show up to play with you in this sandbox doesn't mean they bailed on the Leafs.
:shakehead

It wasn't even close to being all tank talk. In fact, I don't know if I engaged in any of that sort of talk, all year.

I don't know you and I don't know if you watched "most" games and frankly, I don't care. All I care about is that, as a Leaf fan on this board, you let me down. I enjoyed having a lot of people on this board and multiple GDTs and an actual PGT.

Call me selfish but in the darkest time for this team, you weren't here to support your fellow Leaf fans. This is how I feel and I don't speak for everybody. Now you want to come back like you were here the whole time, while we suffered and cried and supported each other, **** you!:cry:

OK, that last paragraph was just an exaggeration and only put it in for effect and I truly have no ill will towards you and you like. It does annoy me that people only have interest in this team when it suits them. I'm not saying you're like that but, let's face it, most are.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
What?:laugh:

So not visiting HF boards for most of the year and then coming back, is some how taking a stand against ownership? I'm sure they showed them.:biglaugh:

I'm not sure what driving around with a flag and painting your face have to do with this board. If people are that upset, then don't buy tickets, merchandise etc. Whether they visit this board or not, has minimal (if any) impact on the team.

It has nothing to with being blind and the key word is Leaf fan. Wanting to talk about the team you cheer for, on a message board, does not affect ownership. I feel you just wanted somewhere to rant on this subject because it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. It's OK, I'm here to listen.:D

...dude. What I said went right over your head.. lol. I don't think anyone here has any idea what you're trying to say in the quote above or if you're even on the same topic... but it's okay, carry on!!

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
...dude. What I said went right over your head.. lol. I don't think anyone here has any idea what you're trying to say in the quote above or if you're even on the same topic... but it's okay, carry on!!

It in no way went over my head, "dude":laugh: pretty gnarly eh! :biglaugh:

You just wanted to rant on your little political views when they in no way have anything to do with whether or not people visit these boards. That's what I was talking about in the post you quoted from me. It had nothing to do with what you said because these boards do not affect the ownership. It also doesn't explain why people are now coming back to the board. How do you not understand that?

Your post may be relevant to the thread as a whole but not particularly relevant to my post, that you quoted. Are you keeping up? I have no idea why you chose to quote me.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
It wasn't even close to being all tank talk. In fact, I don't know if I engaged in any of that sort of talk, all year.

I don't know you and I don't know if you watched "most" games and frankly, I don't care. All I care about is that, as a Leaf fan on this board, you let me down. I enjoyed having a lot of people on this board and multiple GDTs and an actual PGT.

Call me selfish but in the darkest time for this team, you weren't here to support your fellow Leaf fans. This is how I feel and I don't speak for everybody. Now you want to come back like you were here the whole time, while we suffered and cried and supported each other, **** you!:cry:

OK, that last paragraph was just an exaggeration and only put it in for effect and I truly have no ill will towards you and you like. It does annoy me that people only have interest in this team when it suits them. I'm not saying you're like that but, let's face it, most are.

This says more about your maturity level than it does their loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad