Post-Game Talk: Leafs embarrass the pens and dubas, shut them down. WIN 7-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Except that the post he ranted about didn't say anything about winning or losing.
they were already on tilt from the Steelers getting smacked by the Colts , the Pens getting blown out pushed them over the edge

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Was just checking the schedule and Leafs play Nucks on Jan 20, HNIC game and the game is at 7pm EST. LMAO :laugh:

Nucks fans are gonna moan and bitch about it like crazy LOL

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No, I think his playoff game is lacking and he is absolutely worthy of criticism. I asked why you cherry picked such data to do it.

Anyone can cherry pick stats. Marner has way more points and the same number of goals as Crosby over their past twenty playoff games. See.

IMHO I put the blame more on Keefe; not saying that Matthews and Marner are absolved from the blame but Keefe should have worked out a strategy. He kept playing Matthews and Marner together in the playoffs; for opposition they just shut them down and Leafs couldn't do much - historically speaking. We had no cap left for quality depth so we should have created our own depth by putting all high AAV players on different lines and create match up issues for opposition - which we have never done under Keefe.

CBJ, Habs, Tampa, Florida -> Matthews and Marner were never separated EXCEPT against Tampa last season for a few games and guess what? we won that freakin' series.

Keefe has been frustrating to watch in the post season atleast for me.

Reactions: bax

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Still remember Burke was absolutely ticked off on losing Crosby LMAO :laugh:

Actually pens were awarded 1) Malkin, 2) Crosby, 3) MAF, 4) Letang
What does this even mean? Pittsburgh finished last that season and it was Washington that won the draft lottery to take the first overall pick. And how were they gifted Letang when they picked him in the third round? I always find it so strange when people say that the league favours certain teams. The league favours Pittsburgh, yet it allow the franchise to file for bankruptcy...twice? Using any rational, objective measures, if the NHL was to favour any team, it would be Toronto and the Rangers, its two most valuable franchises.

Reactions: Jojalu

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
IMHO I put the blame more on Keefe; not saying that Matthews and Marner are absolved from the blame but Keefe should have worked out a strategy. He kept playing Matthews and Marner together in the playoffs; for opposition they just shut them down and Leafs couldn't do much - historically speaking. We had no cap left for quality depth so we should have created our own depth by putting all high AAV players on different lines and create match up issues for opposition - which we have never done under Keefe.

CBJ, Habs, Tampa, Florida -> Matthews and Marner were never separated EXCEPT against Tampa last season for a few games and guess what? we won that freakin' series.

Keefe has been frustrating to watch in the post season atleast for me.
Yeah, I like Keefe and I think it would be tricky to upgrade on him as a coach so I wasn't on the "fire Keefe" train, but I do feel like he has done some learning on the job in the playoffs.

It's tricky. This is why we always talk about needing depth scoring and scoring and puck moving from the D. We don't score in the playoffs and we don't get a lot of power plays...so it is tempting to keep those two together to make something happen.

However, I do agree with you. Nylander has to be a force these playoffs (he has always been good, we need even more). We do need Marner to step up. Bertuzzi should contribute. Knies and Domi too.

We need depth and not just the big two or three. Tavares will be fine also...we just need guys that can take the pressure of the big guns. Spreading the big guns through the top two or three lines should help. Keefe should do this.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Just did a head count, these were the names in the game that Dubas didn't technically acquire for their respective teams, though some will undoubtedly claim a few of those names and draw straws at contracts and signings.

Toronto

Rielly
Marner*
Nylander
Liljegren
Jones
Benoit
Gregor
Lagesson
Domi
Bertuzzi
Matthews.
Pittsburgh

Crosby
Malkin
Letang
Jarry
Guentzel
Pettersson
Joseph
Puutstinen
Gruden
O'Connor
Carter
Added above.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Yeah, I like Keefe and I think it would be tricky to upgrade on him as a coach so I wasn't on the "fire Keefe" train, but I do feel like he has done some learning on the job in the playoffs.

It's tricky. This is why we always talk about needing depth scoring and scoring and puck moving from the D. We don't score in the playoffs and we don't get a lot of power plays...so it is tempting to keep those two together to make something happen.

However, I do agree with you. Nylander has to be a force these playoffs (he has always been good, we need even more). We do need Marner to step up. Bertuzzi should contribute. Knies and Domi too.

We need depth and not just the big two or three. Tavares will be fine also...we just need guys that can take the pressure of the big guns. Spreading the big guns through the top two or three lines should help. Keefe should do this.
Let’s just pay him what he’s worth and get the popcorn ready

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
i didn't see one but i did see a group of his die hard fans from this board huddled around a cell phone holding hands and weeping while they watched a home made video tribute

It was nice meeting you there.

:sarcasm:

What is the lasting impact from Dubas?

Seriously, asking.

All teams have prospects and players acquired by their GM's/staff.

Leafs appear to have some nice futures.
How those futures play out should be the determining factors.
Knies, Hildeby, Grebyonkin, Minten, Cowan ... is that it?
I'm referring to possible impact players.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Seriously, asking.

Niemela should play in the NHL. I am not sold that he will be a 1st pairing like another thread stated, but he could be top 4

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Seriously, asking.

I think this is easy: patience. Patience in not trading away some or all of the team's best players when 99% of the fanbase was hollering for it. He will be proven right as things play themselves out.

Progress is being made.
Serious progress?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Serious progress?
This team has burned us so many times, so I'll remain hesitant, but man it does seem like the character of the team is morphing into something "serious". Lots of adds to make, but already this top 9 is looks the best I've seen. A couple D adds, which are coming with the cap space, it gets interesting.

Reactions: bax

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think this is easy: patience. Patience in not trading away some or all of the team's best players when 99% of the fanbase was hollering for it. He will be proven right as things play themselves out.

Serious progress?
Which players were the fans hollering to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad