Post-Game Talk: Leafs embarrass the pens and dubas, shut them down. WIN 7-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Wasn't aware Dubas was restricted from being involved in the 2018 draft as he was already an employee.

Treliving was not permitted to be involved until after the 1st. round.

Regardless, the scouting staff do all the prep, GM probably only greenlights the pick.

Yeah, surprisingly very little progress made with regards to post season success.
lack of post season success is one thing but after 5 yrs and all the assets he moved what's shocking is that outside of Knies and maybe the odd other draft pick he acquired nothing that will help us long term

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wasn't aware Dubas was restricted from being involved in the 2018 draft as he was already an employee.

Treliving was not permitted to be involved until after the 1st. round.

Regardless, the scouting staff do all the prep, GM probably only greenlights the pick.

Yeah, surprisingly very little progress made with regards to post season success.

An honest question, has Tre made a single change to the scouting department other than hiring Muzzin?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
An honest question, has Tre made a single change to the scouting department other than hiring Muzzin?

I would hope not, if he brings in the guys that drafted Zary, Coronato, and Pelletier with his 3 most recent firsts there might be some confusion about whether drafting 5’9 waterbugs is good or not.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
it's sad you actually think that's some special accomplishment for JT and Dubas , lol
it's weird to read jokes (lol) about dubas dudes being upset to see the leafs win on saturday night from people who were actually upset when the leafs won a playoff series last year, upset enough to leave the board for a few weeks , lol

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
it's weird to read jokes (lol) about dubas dudes being upset to see the leafs win on saturday night from people who were actually upset when the leafs won a playoff series last year, upset enough to leave the board for a few weeks , lol
I wasn't around from before the playoffs to past the Dubester getting kicked to the curb but it had nothing to do with the team making it allllll the way to the 2nd rd .

It's strange the attachment some have with Dubas , i guess it gives them false hope that they too can become employed in the NHL considering Dubas didn't get past minor hockey and went to a bottom end school for nothing degree.

The only thing he does well is bullshit but when that's all can do it eventually catches up to you .

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
I wasn't around from before the playoffs to past the Dubester getting kicked to the curb but it had nothing to do with the team making it allllll the way to the 2nd rd .

It' strange the attachment some have with Dubas , i guess it gives them false hope that they too can become employed in the NHL considering Dubas didn't get past minor hockey and went to a bottom end school for nothing degree.

The only thing he does well is bullshit but when that's all can do it eventually catches up to you .
Jesus christ give it a rest already. We get it, you judge people on whether they're 'somebody' or not. What does someones background have to do with their intelligence and ability to manage or coach?

Bet it chaps your ass seeing someone like Marc Johnstone play in the NHL over one of your kids. He didn't play for a prestigous GTHL team so ofc you don't even know who that is. Say hi to Don next thursday if he's still coherent enough to attend

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Jesus christ give it a rest already. We get it, you judge people on whether they're 'somebody' or not. What does someones background have to do with their intelligence and ability to manage or coach?

Bet it chaps your ass seeing someone like Marc Johnstone play in the NHL over one of your kids. He didn't play for a prestigous GTHL team so ofc you don't even know who that is. Say hi to Don next thursday if he's still coherent enough to attend
love your passion , no idea what your ranting about but if it helps with your healing processover Dubas getting fired then keep at er

my post you replied to was about trying to figure out why some people are so attached to Dubas , it had nothing to do with what i feel makes someone qualified to be an NHL executive

no idea why you brought my son into it since i've never mentioned him or where he played but since you did i'll let you know he's doing extremely well even though he was never close to making in to the NHL and gave up on that thought years before he went off to university

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Asking about our current GM. Not a former GM. Let's hear about this resilient playoff team he's built.

It's one thing to obsess over a former GM. But to prop up someone who's been as incompetent as Treliving to attempt to prove your point is comical.
I'm commenting on what I see in this team. The only way to 'get me' here is once we get booted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad