Post-Game Talk: Leafs don't show up in Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
excruciating game from start to finish.

nice to see willy back at C in the 3rd period. more of that please. keep pleks and leo on the 4th line.

p.s. freddy really sucked

Reactions: ToneDog

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
There are very few times I've walked away from a Leafs game, despite years of watching players like Jerred Smithson center our top line. Tonight was one of those games. The broadcast was unwatchable and the on-ice product, what you could see of it anyways, was not much better. If the NHL were smart, this disaster would be the last time they continue with this gimmick, but like Babcock trotting out Polak every night, you just know that won't be the case. There will be another and another and another.

Was it just me who thought that was an awful game to watch?

Agreed. The white uniforms were hideous, the camera angle was awful, the lighting sucked, and the Leafs didn't show up.

Brutal.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No matter what happens the rest of the season it doesn't look like we can overtake the Bs and Bolts. As such I am only judging this team by what it does in the playoffs when they play for keeps. That is when we will see what this team is made of and decide who stays and who goes.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and Mork

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
I missed this one because my wife wanted to go to the movies. I was a bit annoyed but looks like I didn't miss much :laugh:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Im not going to let this game sway my opinion on the team or anything because of everything around it but my god that was a boring game and a terrible effort.

Everything about that from the Leafs perspective was filled with not gud pros.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I missed this one because my wife wanted to go to the movies. I was a bit annoyed but looks like I didn't miss much :laugh:

I told my gf that it was an outdoor game so I had to watch it because this would only be the 2nd one I would have seen with the Leafs (had to work last year).

I wish I didn't watch. Ended up turning it off in the 3rd.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Game was a total debacle, these games are supposed to be a center piece for hockey but good grief from the terrible uniforms, to the bad camera angles and the lights going out, it was almost unwatchable and as a mater of fact I changed channels to give my eyes a rest, then back to the so called hockey game.

They do produce extra revenue but what a farce, they could play them in the warm locals on roller blades and it wouldn't be as bad as last nights game.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I can draw two conclusions from this game. Polak is a terrible hockey player and Moore is as well. They look busy and do nothing at all out there.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Brutal broadcast. My eyes returned to normal for a while when they cut to the Edmonton game, indoors is instantly a lot higher quality hockey. So glad I didn’t watch this mess live.

At least it’s over. The NHL would do every game outdoors if it was feasible, they’re insane.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Brutal broadcast. My eyes returned to normal for a while when they cut to the Edmonton game, indoors is instantly a lot higher quality hockey. So glad I didn’t watch this mess live.

At least it’s over. The NHL would do every game outdoors if it was feasible, they’re insane.

You didn't like the TRONto Maples Leafs outfit? Why do I have this urge to join the Military.

Reactions: OddyOh

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
One thing is for sure and that's that the uniforms looked great. The Leafs one in particular was really nice.
Really? I couldn't stand the Leafs uniforms. The basically all white gloves, pants and jerseys were annoying on my eyes during the game play I found.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Makes you wonder how nobody recognised that those uniforms hurt the eyes the minute they were introduced. Somebody's head needs to roll :)

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
How long before the press is over their Love affair with Ego man, how long before someone figures out they have been sold marshland. No tough questions...Leafs make it sound like life is a bowl of cherries in Leaf Land. Since the press is pretty well owned by MLSE might take a while before the questions are asked? Sure ain't Gunna be SNet or Leafs tv...Most at Tsn are still learning to dress.
Grapes is about the only one that still calls a spade a spade.

Reactions: ToMaLe

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If the return of jvr is just a 2nd rounder then so be it. By not trading him the mgt refused to admit they made a mistake by not trading him earlier, and compounding the mistake. Anything short of the cup i would consider a failure

The analysts were saying if he was on the market he would have fetched the most. They said firmly, JVR was not on the market and that teams had inquired about him and were told.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How long before the press is over their Love affair with Ego man, how long before someone figures out they have been sold marshland. No tough questions...Leafs make it sound like life is a bowl of cherries in Leaf Land. Since the press is pretty well owned by MLSE might take a while before the questions are asked? Sure ain't Gunna be SNet or Leafs tv...Most at Tsn are still learning to dress.
Grapes is about the only one that still calls a spade a spade.

There is some truth to that. The fact he isn't getting ripped for Polak usage and Moore etc is proof that nobody wants to rock the boat. The questions are valid and the concerns about Polak are legit, demonstrated and shown statistically. Obviously the media feels perhaps hushed on the matters because promotion means working for either Bell Media or Rogers. Very valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad