Post-Game Talk: Leafs don't show up in Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Like I said earlier I expect nothing short of a beatdown of the Sabres tomorrow. Unacceptable.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
This is all on management they did nothing to improve on the team it’s the same every year they know the weakness of the team and they do nothing
You know what else is all on management? Bringing a team from the basement to playoff contention 2 straight years and getting better as they go. But sure, we can take this one loss and assume the management has blown it.

Buffalo kicks there ass
Highly doubt it

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Does anyone else feel kinda bored of hockey lately? I had some hope that we would maybe catch Boston but I think our place in the standings is pretty much set in stone. And without Matthews this lineup seems to be geared to play a defensive style currently that's not really fun to watch. The bruins game was awesome but after Nylander got schooled against Tampa he pulled him away from playing C.

Just bring on the playoffs at this point please

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Sure but asset wise if you now lose JVR and get nothing of what you mention for free, well, you've taken a hefty asset loss.
We can only hope that management knows something we don’t-that they’re confident they can re-sign him for a home town discount.

Short of coming very close to a cup, or winning it, losing him for nothing is insanity, doesn’t matter how good the up and comers are. If we go out in round 1 and he doesn’t re-sign, I’d be demanding some answers.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Sure but asset wise if you now lose JVR and get nothing of what you mention for free, well, you've taken a hefty asset loss.

You get JVR for this years playoffs and count on the organizational depth to fill his spot at a much lower cap hit next year.
The asset is the cap space. Depends how you view that I guess.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

lol yeah Leivo is clearly the problem when we need some goals. Moore is definite going to score here like Komarov did when he was promoted with Brownie benched lol

Leafs are gonna end up finishing 3rd in the division with Bruins getting home ice and Babcock will continue to ......

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Don't know why Kap or Marner aren't given an extended look with Willy.

Hyman - Nylander - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
JvR - Plekanec - Brown
Martin - Bozak - Komarov

Last edited:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Seemed like both goalies were fighting the puck, Andersen a lot more than Holtby. The lighting was weird, as we can see all the shadows on the TV. Today in the sports section, Kadri talked about the glare from the lights off the ice.

The Leafs look mentally spent. It is a long season and they look worn out, especially Hainsey and Zaitsev.

Just play Nylander at center, maybe that is a spark.

As a winger, he is rather bad at the defensive coverage, such the 4th goal against last night. Might as well put him in center, at least there he'll just head for the front of the net. As a winger, he is unsure at times.

As a winger, Nylander sometimes being the first one back, does not know when to vacate or stay near the slot. Too often, he chooses this way, instead of that way.

Make it simple for him on the defensive coverage. Then push him to be harder.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This place is getting harder and harder to take with all the BS about our management and coaching. We are in the playoffs two years in a row, please tell me the last time this took place.

We still have our first round draft pick and many other draft picks yet some on here believe we are giving them away like candy.

We have some very good prospects in the AHL as well as else where and many can be used to fill in the holes we need filling as identified in this years up coming playoffs as we will not know to then were we need help.

We do not have a 6th round pick this year but have two seventh round picks. We have picks in every other round.

We also have a lot of spare parts to trade this summer if a deal presents it's self.

We will gain a lot of cap space to resign our RFA and any UFA we want to come here or to resign one of our UFA if we wanted. We are in a great position and people are acting like our management screwed up everything. As for Babcocks coaching: He is well on his way to producing a best ever points in a season as well as most wins in a season and people are acting like he is a dough head.

Get a grip people and enjoy what we are experiencing as well as what the future holds.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Bozak was worth a 2nd and JvR was worth a late 1st at the very least. Probably would’ve fetched a 1st + B prospect for the Leafs.
In which you have two prospects where if either one of whom were as good as the worst of the two players you just traded you'd be ecstatic.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Florida is on such a tear.

Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a wildcard spot.
It would surprise me. Their record is only slightly better than ours over the past 10 games. To end up with a wild card spot the Leafs would have to fall off a cliff and Florida wouldn't slip at all.

Anything can happen. But even I have more faith in the Leafs than to think they are going to just turn into a garbage team for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad