Post-Game Talk: Leafs don't show up in Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Need matthews back as soon as possible. Having him back lets a good 4th line center in pleks play his role in the lineup. It also puts less pressure on the marner line being the only good offensive line. I hope we can see these lines once matthews is back

hyman-matthews-nylander
kapanen-kadri-marner
jvr-bozak-marleau
komorov-pleks-brown

We have a 4th line that can be a matchup line, a 3rd line that can be given easier minutes and try and generate offense, a dominant looking 2nd line, and the first line with 2 stars and a good grinder. Hopefully matthews is coming back soon.

Reactions: glue

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Need matthews back as soon as possible. Having him back lets a good 4th line center in pleks play his role in the lineup. It also puts less pressure on the marner line being the only good offensive line. I hope we can see these lines once matthews is back

hyman-matthews-nylander
kapanen-kadri-marner
jvr-bozak-marleau
komorov-pleks-brown

We have a 4th line that can be a matchup line, a 3rd line that can be given easier minutes and try and generate offense, a dominant looking 2nd line, and the first line with 2 stars and a good grinder. Hopefully matthews is coming back soon.
Id give him the next two games off atleast. Need him rested for the playoffs.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
My biggest disappointment about this game is that the three goal deficit denied us the chance to see Marner dancing to Jump On It.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
???

You don't want Matthews/Nylander/Marner to be heavily insulated in the playoffs. Throw them to the wolves?

I think the idea was always to SELL JVR and Bozak and try our kids this season (Those trades should have happened last summer). Then use the assets to get a solid D upgrade.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What a horrid game to watch. Our players looked they didn’t care and our great coach coached like he didn’t care. Hyman and Komarov on both power plays? Anybody else concerned about how crappy Marleau has looked in the last month?

Reactions: ToMaLe and Mork

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
There's Crosby's worst injury of his career.

Ahh that's right totally forgot about that one. Well, I guess that could have happened to Marner too but something tells me That Crosby injury had nothing to do with playing outside. If the same thing happened to him indoors he probably would have suffered the same injury. The outdoor games seem just as safe as the indoor games

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
???

You don't want Matthews/Nylander/Marner to be heavily insulated in the playoffs. Throw them to the wolves?
insulated how? Those two play scrap minutes against weak competition. They are not protecting our core 3 guys. They are placeholders most likely who provide depth offense and are unreliable in tight game situations. Not trading them isn't really a big issue, but jvr+bozak don't help those guys at all. If those three don't perform leafs are losing and losing badly. Our offense is driven by the big 3 and kadri. A person who can stop marner/matthews/nylander from being thrown to the wolves should be a better and more reliable player than them. Someone like Blake Wheeler, or Claude Giroux. These guys protect players like ehlers, laine, and koecny , Patrick. The leafs big 3 protect and shelter guys like bozak, jvr, from being destroyed against top end competition(which both are elite at as seen by their amazing ability to choke games in 11/12, 12/13,13/14,and 14/15).

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
The worst damn thing is my stupid brain keeps thinking this team is gonna find a way to miss the playoffs.
It's basically not possible for us to miss.

Even if Florida continues their amazing run... I don't think that Carolina or Columbus can catch us. Even if they both won their 2 games in hand... they would be down by 12 points with 15 games to play.

We would have to tank hard. As soon as Matthews comes back, we'll be fine. Matthews can cover for Babcock's horrible coaching and get us wins.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
insulated how? Those two play scrap minutes against weak competition. They are not protecting our core 3 guys. They are placeholders most likely who provide depth offense and are unreliable in tight game situations. Not trading them isn't really a big issue, but jvr+bozak don't help those guys at all. If those three don't perform leafs are losing and losing badly. Our offense is driven by the big 3 and kadri. A person who can stop marner/matthews/nylander from being thrown to the wolves should be a better and more reliable player than them. Someone like Blake Wheeler, or Claude Giroux. These guys protect players like ehlers, laine, and koecny , Patrick. The leafs big 3 protect and shelter guys like bozak, jvr, from being destroyed against top end competition(which both are elite at as seen by their amazing ability to choke games in 11/12, 12/13,13/14,and 14/15).
We need center depth as we have none. Leivo cant replace JVR goals.

Reactions: Cityswiper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad