Prospect Info: Leafs Development Camp

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
isn't it always at the mastercard center? date July 7th (hunter said at the draft). The prospect tourney has moved this year to the Ricoh and only has 3 teams (leafs, habs, Sens)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
an obscure goalie I think.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=199424

edit: played in the USPHL-PR which I have never hear of

I don't even know why they brought him in. A 98' playing in a league where most guys aren't even good enough for the ECHL. He wasn't even the best goalie on his team, never mind that league.

This draft was riddled with excellent goalies the Leafs could have invited.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I don't even know why they brought him in. A 98' playing in a league where most guys aren't even good enough for the ECHL. He wasn't even the best goalie on his team, never mind that league.

This draft was riddled with excellent goalies the Leafs could have invited.

u need to fill out rosters for scrimmages ever development camp does this as well as rookie camps .plus there is always a draft choice or 2 that has commitments in their own ountries no big deal .a minuscule chance any of these players turn out into an asset

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
u need to fill out rosters for scrimmages ever development camp does this as well as rookie camps .plus there is always a draft choice or 2 that has commitments in their own ountries no big deal .a minuscule chance any of these players turn out into an asset

It is not hard to find good camp filler who are at least AHL contract quality, especially in net this year. At the very least you could have found someone as good as Samuel, not some random guy in an obscure minors league where he's not even the full time backup.

You need talent to compare your guys to. Samuel is fine, but the more the better. No point wasting your time looking at a guy who has not been able to hitch on somewhere decent at this point in his career. The amount of good CHL, NCAA, etc. goalies out there who likely will not find a camp means he should not be around.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
FWIW: A poster on the main Prospects Board posted a list of invitees to the Ducks camp which included Korostelev. No idea how valid his source is.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

russia has been pretty good to windsor spitfires general manager warren rychel over the years.

The club has landed standouts such as mikhail sergachev, andrei loktionov and alexander khokhlachev in the canadian hockey league import draft and rychel hopes he landed two more gems on wednesday.

the spitfires grabbed 18-year-old russian forward kirill kozhevnikov with its first pick, 40th overall, in the draft and then added 16-year-old russian defenceman lev starikov in the second round with the 64th pick overall.

"i'm grateful to be chosen by the managers of the team," kozhevnikov said. "i'm looking forward to moving to windsor, meeting my new teammates and being a part of (the) team."

the six-foot-two, 205-pound kozhevnikov was rated 96th among european skaters by nhl central scouting for this month's draft, but was not selected.
a left-handed shot that can play either wing, scouts commented on kozhevnikov's strong skating and ability to shoot, calling him a more of a north-south player rather than trying to stickhandle through the neutral zone.

"usually, russian forwards are more perimeter guys, but this kid's not," rychel said. "he'll be more accustomed to our league (style) and he'll be a top six forward."

kozhevnikov had 10 goals and 26 points in 46 games playing for mamonty yugry in russia's top junior league. He also had 71 penalty minutes and played four games in the kontinental hockey league with yugra khanty-mansiysk.

while not drafted by an nhl club, kozhevnikov's agent, alexey dementyev from ideal agency, said he will be attending prospects camp with the toronto maple leafs.

"i'm not disappointed, not being taken in the nhl draft, because there is a time and place for everything," kozhevnikov said. "i hope to work as hard as possible and become a player of the nhl in the future."

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Korshkov not coming over.

Odd.

Though, neither is Jesper Lindgren

KHL training camp no? that was the reason last year, likely the same reason. Same for Kara, Lindgren im less sure about

edit: i guess SHL training camp for Grunny and Lindgren, and they arent 100% sure on sending Liljegren to SHL

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
KHL training camp no? that was the reason last year, likely the same reason. Same for Kara, Lindgren im less sure about

edit: i guess SHL training camp for Grunny and Lindgren, and they arent 100% sure on sending Liljegren to SHL

Lindgren is playing in the SEL this coming year.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Leafs don't put expected marlies in dev camp...

Or rather those they had on roster. They have seen and spoken to them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad