Martin

To Leafs

Hjmarsson

Roster would be

Hyman Matthews kapanem

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The Kings are not trading Doughty, and even if Hjalmarsson was up for grabs (which would likely require OEL being unwilling to stay in Arizona), that offer would get outbid in a heartbeat. They could easily get that for a rental Hjalmarsson, let alone for a year of him.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I really can't see Doughty in any other uniform.
Kings will lock him into a contract and he'll retire there.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Wouldnt trade all that for Doughty, would rather take a run next off-season

Not nearly enough for OEL

Jan 21, 2018
leaf fans need to stop with this.

they aren't landing doughty. IF they somehow do, it won't be via trade, it will be as a free agent signing.

the kings will never trade Doughty unless he flat out says he isn't re-signing, which isn't happening. look at Tavares, if a team even has a small chance to re-sign him they'll keep him to try and make the playoffs and sway his mind in the offseason.

so again, IF the leafs land doughty, they will sign him for free and then they can decide if trading Nylander to fill holes in the roster makes sense.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I really can't see Doughty in any other uniform.
Kings will lock him into a contract and he'll retire there.
You would think so but what if the Kings decided to rebuild?
Moving Doughty would certainly give that a large kick start.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The Kings are not trading Doughty, and even if Hjalmarsson was up for grabs (which would likely require OEL being unwilling to stay in Arizona), that offer would get outbid in a heartbeat. They could easily get that for a rental Hjalmarsson, let alone for a year of him.

I mean, you saw what he was dealt for with two years right?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Sig and trade

Even if you overlook the fact that sign and trades pretty much don't happen, the idea that a player of Doughty's status would sign a contract without a NTC/NMC involved is ludicrous.

Its the same as with Karlsson.... If they decide they're not going to stay with their current team, they're not just going to say "sure I'll sign a contract and let you decide where to ship me off to" they're going to pick a place/team they want to go to themselves.

Reactions: wintersej

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Doughty may, or may not be worth that but makes no sense to offer that versus just trying to go after him hard next year in FA. Too much risk he bolts after a year.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
I can understand LA wanting to get younger.

the last playoffs has shown that Toronto really needs a solid stay at home defenceman.

I think everyone would come out happy if .............

Matthews to LA

Dion Phanuef to Toronto.

then LA flips Matthews to Arizona for something they need

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I can understand LA wanting to get younger.

the last playoffs has shown that Toronto really needs a solid stay at home defenceman.

I think everyone would come out happy if .............

Matthews to LA

Dion Phanuef to Toronto.

then LA flips Matthews to Arizona for something they need

Toronto needs to add their 1st + take a cap dump or two IMO.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don't see the Leafs taking a homerun swing for D (Doughty/OEL/Karlsson). I think the Leafs will target Tanev with an offer like 1st+2nd+2nd/equal value prospect. So using that offer, i wonder what other D would be available?

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Doughty as much as you want him. you will never be able to pry him from LA unless you are sending them a better D man than even Morgan Rielly. (or one with potential to have a similar career)

Only way you get Doughty is via free agency my friend. LA will not part with him or Kopitar. Rest are probably negotiable.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
To LA
Nylander
Liljegren
Gardiner
2nd

replace the 2nd with a an unprotected 1st
and add another 1st.

maybe.. if they were desperate they might do it lol.

To LA
Nylander
Liljegren
Gardiner
1st
1st

Prob need to add Kapanen too. Or Dermott. Franchise players are not just traded in todays day and age unless the team is rebuilding and the player is in the latter half of his career. I see LA trying to copy SJS and attempt a mini-rebuild on the fly. It only took the Sharks a couple seasons to reload and now they are pretty good. I like your energy tho :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad