Friedman: Leafs continuing to "survey" RHD options

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
There are several different ways to be aggressive with out physical alterations. Your fan base has been aggressive and has been harassing other fan bases with their constant threads day after day.
I am still not clear. Did they go to the Blues board and harass Blues fans?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Sorry but I do. Petro straight up for nylander is asinine. He at best is a 60pt winger. Who has had his worst year yet. Value is down

No team in the league is going to trade a 22 year old roster player whose comparable to Nylander for Petro. Not a single one.

Petro is going to get around what EK returned - a quantity collection of picks and prospects- if the Blues decide to move him.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Sorry but I do. Petro straight up for nylander is asinine. He at best is a 60pt winger. Who has had his worst year yet. Value is down

so the guy who has topped 60pts both full years is "at best" a 60pt winger?

this is almost as dumb as the people who think marner and matthews are 60pt players

Reactions: Menzinger

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No team in the league is going to trade a 22 year old roster player whose comparable to Nylander for Petro. Not a single one.

Petro is going to get around what EK returned - a quantity collection of picks and prospects- if the Blues decide to move him.
Says who you. Few factors here that are different that people like you have seen and refuse to acknowledge.

1) petro isn't being pushed out of stl like karlson was from out.
2) petro will get 7-9 mil per year compared to karlson wanting 11 like doughty.
3) stl has no issues resigning him at all.
4) petro wife is from stl and they just had triplets. More likely he stays then leaves.
5) nylander is over paid and under performing you don't trade 60pt wingers for #1 rhd that are top 5 at his position a d top 10 in the league for dmen.
6) unlike dorian Armstrong isn't an idiot.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
so the guy who has topped 60pts both full years is "at best" a 60pt winger?

this is almost as dumb as the people who think marner and matthews are 60pt players
I'm sorry but I don't believe in potential. Especially the way he us playing now. 24pt pace. He certainly isn't a center... or are you still trying to plead that case.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Says who you. Few factors here that are different that people like you have seen and refuse to acknowledge.

1) petro isn't being pushed out of stl like karlson was from out.
2) petro will get 7-9 mil per year compared to karlson wanting 11 like doughty.
3) stl has no issues resigning him at all.
4) petro wife is from stl and they just had triplets. More likely he stays then leaves.
5) nylander is over paid and under performing you don't trade 60pt wingers for #1 rhd that are top 5 at his position a d top 10 in the league for dmen.
6) unlike dorian Armstrong isn't an idiot.

There are zero comparable trades where a vet player as old as him returned a player comparable to Nylander

You’re right that the Blues have zero need to trade him (the smart thing to do would resign him), but if they do I suspect you’re going to be pretty disappointed with the return. The value for soon to be UFA vet D men is set. He’ll return a similar structured deal as Muzzin just did, but with slightly better quality prospects involved.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sorry.....what?
You can sit here and say potential potential. I believe in results. Everyone said eng was the next Crosby like center. Never happened. Yak was the next best thing never happened. I think nylander is what he is a 60 65 point winger gets 20 goals. To sit here and say he has potential to be better. Just don't see it. Just like nurse, ect.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There are zero comparable trades where a vet player as old as him returned a player comparable to Nylander

You’re right that the Blues have zero need to trade him (the smart thing to do would resign him), but if they do I suspect you’re going to be pretty disappointed with the return. The value for soon to be UFA vet D men is set. He’ll return a similar structured deal as Muzzin just did, but with slightly better quality prospects involved.
Are you serious jake muzzin is comparable. Get the eff out of hear. Jake muzzin isn't even close to petro value. Just by you say I g that shows you don't know

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Are you serious jake muzzin is comparable. Get the eff out of hear. Jake muzzin isn't even close to petro value. Just by you say I g that shows you don't know

I literally gave you the comparison of Karlsson (a better player than Petro) just a post before.

This same song and dance happens every year, fans think their team’s near 30 year old vet is going to return a single major young piece from the trade market and it never happens (give me one example of it happening....).

The market value for these guys is set: quantity packages of picks and prospects.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I literally gave you the comparison of Karlsson (a better player than Petro) just a post before.

This same song and dance happens every year, fans think their team’s near 30 year old vet is going to return a single major young piece from the trade market and it never happens (give me one example of it happening....).

The market value for these guys is set: quantity packages of picks and prospects.
I just listed why karlson trade doesn't compare. I listed 6 reasons why and yet they are the same value lol. Get real.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
We can get everything we need from Detroit. (One stop shop)

Glendening
Bertuzzi
Jensen

For

Brown
Zaitsev
Liljegren
Kral (asset for taking on Zaitsev)

Imo, Zaitsev is not as bad as everyone makes him ou to be. He’s been given more ice time as of late and has looked good. Everyone knows we have jettison salary moving forward.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I just listed why karlson trade doesn't compare. I listed 6 reasons why and yet they are the same value lol. Get real.

So you can’t name a single other trade where a 29+ year old returned a single asset like Nylander (I know you can’t because it hasn’t happened lol).

Look, if you think A Petro trade is going to set a new precedent for Vets who are traded, then fair enough, but I’d suggest that isn’t the most logical way of thinking about it. The more likely answer is he’ll return a comparable package as to similar players in his position.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Your 6 reasons are reasons that he would be unavailable. If he is being traded for, he is by definition available. If he is available then hypothetical reasons of unavailability no longer matter, he is available, and the odds are it will be for a rate comparable to market precedents.

If he is traded without an extension in place it will be for a package.

Reactions: Menzinger

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So you can’t name a single other trade where a 29+ year old returned a single asset like Nylander (I know you can’t because it hasn’t happened lol).

Look, if you think A Petro trade is going to set a new precedent for Vets who are traded, then fair enough, but I’d suggest that isn’t the most logical way of thinking about it. The more likely answer is he’ll return a comparable package as to similar players in his position.
He isn't going to be traded. It's that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad