TSN: Leafs' Connolly placed on waivers - McKenzie: Cleared waivers.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Great news for the Leafs. Wonder if Vancouver will claim him to fill in for Kesler. Feeling really happy for Kadri right now. Let's hope he takes full advantage.

DaveT83*

Nonis is a ****ing Hero. Where are all the Burke supporters now?
Next up has got to be to Trade MacA

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
not really happy with this. What happens if two guys go down to injury, who play if Kessel and Lupul go down?

Most teams would struggle if they lose their top 2 players.

Connolly wouldn't have replaced either even if he was still here. He couldn't even outplay Tyler Bozak last year.

Let's just be happy that the play of the younger players is finally being recognized, not just the contract of a player.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think it has much to do with playing youth.

Burke always said he wanted a top six of skill guys and a bottom six of grinders. Problem is that he never did it. I think Nonis is just clearing out the guys who aren't skilled enough for the top six and not grinder enough for the bottom six.

Pretty much doing what Burke always said he was going to do but didn't. Carlyle was probably looking at Nonis and saying, "where the hell am I going to play these guys?"

I think Burke's approach didn't pass muster in Toronto.

Team needs offense from the top 3 lines, and I think they can get it when you consider Kadri and Frattin could make up 2/3 of the third line.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Colborne and Ashton aren't to far off either
they can and should be close to the top of injury call ups
not to mention Ziggy

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I think it could look something like this. For once there's actually some grit in that lineup.

Lupul...............Bozak..............Kessel
JVR...............Grabovski........Kulemin
MacArthur......McClement.......Brown
Komarov.........Steckel...........Orr

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Connolly only seems to perform in contract years and this is one of them, right? I mean, he was absolutely useless last season and by no means deserves a spot over younger talent, but there's a chance he actually tries this year and we might be missing out on it.

Oh well, good riddance to one of the laziest players in recent memory to don the blue and white. I'd rather have Lombardi over Connolly any day.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Nonis is a ****ing Hero. Where are all the Burke supporters now?
Next up has got to be to Trade MacA

The Lombardi trade was possible because Burke lobbied hard about salary retention in the new CBA. He has an indirect contribution here for sure.

Not sure why people try to trash on Burke supporters whenever they can.

With that said, I am loving Nonis so far.

MapleLeafGardens*

Nonis is tossing out the garbage his buddy Burkey left behind. :handclap:

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
finally some logically moves by the leafs. Connelly and Lombardi were not going to put us over the edge, we need to develop our youth and draft quality players.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I think it could look something like this. For once there's actually some grit in that lineup.

Lupul...............Bozak..............Kessel
JVR...............Grabovski........Kulemin
MacArthur......McClement.......Brown
Komarov.........Steckel...........Orr

Lombardi and Connolly gone and Kadri still doesn't make the line up
people would lose their ****, would almost be worth it

I'm assuming Orr isn't playing unless its against Bruins or something and he and Brown sub in out depending on match up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad