TSN: Leafs' Connolly placed on waivers - McKenzie: Cleared waivers.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Niceee.. Pretty bad value at 4.75 million for a centerman with his season last year.. Lets hope he's claimed and off our books.

Very excited to see Kadri and Frattin hopefully take those two roster spots!

NONIS reads the boards.. getting rid of two of the 3 remaining LACK :P

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Would have preferred to get something in return for him. But IMO letting the kids play is better then letting Connolly play. So it's not the worst that could have happened.

dougy

Mar 31, 2007
wow Nonis definitely isn't playing around. Shedding some dead weight and allowing some much needed room for the young guys. Kadri has to take this opportunity and run with it. Hopefully he can.

JMcLeaf

@DarrenDreger: Tim Connolly not on the ice at Leafs practice. It's expected Connolly will be placed on waivers. More opportunity for players in system.

Interesting. I thought we might actually be able to get a pick for him.

JMcLeaf

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Kulemin-Grabo-Mac
Komarov-McClemment-Brown

Or something like that

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ay29K.jpg

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Connolly played 70 games last year, Lombardi 62

Connolly plays soft but I'd think he'd still have value especially if leafs retained salary/cap hit

He was healthy last year, but look at his injury history. Can you honestly say you fully expect him to repeat that? Taking his cap hit for a year with that much risk is something most teams aren't willing to take.

Lombardi on the other hand was recovering from a major injury, and seems to be back at full strength now.

Who would've thought we could get rid of LACK by the end of this season with only a 1M cap penalty? (Assuming Komi gets dumped at seasons end)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
2 down, how many more to go?
I guess Komisarek should be next.

Komisarek would be the last member of LACK to go. :)

MacArthur is probably no longer on his way out with those two gone so unless McClement drops to fourth line, I don't see how both Kadri and Frattin will both get playing time above the fourth line.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - McClement - Kadri/Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

or

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov/Steckel - McClement - Brown

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Great News :D

kadri to center the 3rd line now IMO

I think it was inevitable for Kadri, I knew he'd be a lock this year. How on earth was Connolly going to keep up with Kadri in a shortened season? Kadri is in top gear and is producing at a ppg pace in the AHL. Connolly was really behind the 8-ball.

The Leafs are going to put as many game shape guys on the ice as possible IMO.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
my heart says this is a move to set up some kind of bigger trade, reality kicks in and says its just a move to let the younger kids play get experience

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I don't think it has much to do with playing youth.

Burke always said he wanted a top six of skill guys and a bottom six of grinders. Problem is that he never did it. I think Nonis is just clearing out the guys who aren't skilled enough for the top six and not grinder enough for the bottom six.

Pretty much doing what Burke always said he was going to do but didn't. Carlyle was probably looking at Nonis and saying, "where the hell am I going to play these guys?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad