GDT: Leafs @ Caps - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Except none of the penalties were retaliatory or due to any 'leaning'.

Correction. There was the one penalty on Rielly where the Cap was literally leaning on him and fell but I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

It's sometimes not as blatant as turning around and slashing a person. It's shying away or losing a step or flipping the puck up and into the webbing, or any number of small timid shy plays that result in penalties.

It's exactly why teams hit. This is the result. This is the shit that Dubas doesn't think is still in the game, which we mock that old guy on coaches corner for preaching.

And it's exactly why we can't beat Boston or will never win the cup.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I meant to tell the poster, that hits make players tired, and jumpy they than turn the puck over creating scoring chances. and often times goals lol.
You can also say speed causes breakdowns and causes teams to take penalties.

Washington is playing one way, Toronto is not playing the way they should.

Reactions: The Apologist

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Should have listened to my 80 year old father when he said 3 years ago, that he has no confidence in Dubas. Basically paying for players that show up 1 out of 3 games. Tell me what Stanley Cup team has THIS many double digit million$ contracts?? The Blues? Bruins? even Caps don't have this kind of payroll! AND Kadri ends up on a winning team. I say good for him. I wanna have faith , but there is something wrong here.
Then have faith. It's simple really. If you don't like the makeup of team or salaries then don't be a fan. Go cheer on the Bruins or Avs. Life is short.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yet the Caps GM clearly stated they wanted to play physical against the Leafs during the 1st intermission.
Yeah, I'm just making a point by hyperbole that Capitals aren't winning because they are hitting a lot. They have been playing terrific most of the game, in part because they use their physicality to win back pucks.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad