GDT: Leafs @ Caps 4/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Lavi had a “put the Make A Wish kid out there” moment with TVR. So dumb when you have Wilson, Sheary, Orlov, hell literally anyone else.
Sheary and mantha woulda been my next choices after 77. Also, stop sending Backy. He’s oh-fer this season

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
That is a TOUGH loss.

100 points on the season. That point still has Caps in control of their own destiny for wild card or 3rd in division, but all things considered tonight was a really, really bad loss/game for the Caps with how it was at home, blowing a late 2 goal lead vs a team on the road on a back to back, Ovi getting hurt, and not scoring on the PP last 2 minutes 4v3 and not converting multiple shootout chances.

Oh, and VV isn't the guy either.

I say we have a chance against Florida compared to divisional opponents. We at least can take it to six games against Florida where we'll probably get swept by the NYR.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
At least he actually went out and actually had the goaltender beat. Its a goal if he doesn’t whiff on the backhand. Half the other shooters missed the net

Why not put a guy out there with much better hands and shot like Orlov though? Or even Wilson, guys that are used to scoring in the NHL.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Na, the goaltending cost them the game. They shouldn’t have even been in that position. They were skating circles around Toronto for most of the game until Vanecek gave them life with that horrible second goal. The third goal was just as bad.

That's true but the shootout is on Lavi 100%. I remember earlier this season, he sent out TVR ahead of guys that actually have good hands like CMM.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Can't say I noticed Wilson much outside of some hits. But mostly this center play is not going to do it. Even against a relatively fatigued Toronto team they offered little thrust on a shift-to-shift basis. Good that Eller is showing more with 39/77 but then he takes a cheap penalty and generally isn't smart enough to be a consistent solution.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
... Or there's a reason both teams are fighting for the last spot in playoffs. Both teams just aren't very good.

Well of course. I wasn't actually suggesting they're trying to play the Panthers. The Caps can be very good, but they are terrible at defending leads late in games.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’ve learned over the past decade that rooting for a certain matchup in the playoffs is pointless. At some point or another you will play a Florida or a Carolina or a Tampa. First, second, third round it doesn’t matter. Just play your best and hope it’s good enough to win.

Reactions: BallardEra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad