Post-Game Talk: Leafs Breaking Losing Streaks, Florida Goalies and Fans Hearts since 2015 (3-2 win)

CuJoBin

Apr 4, 2013
pooldeluxe.co
tumblr_nko678Z9H01u95b5wo1_540.jpg

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
I expected they'd tone down the goal celebrations given the tough situation Panthers were in.

Guess not.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
All this crap about being "classless" because of a celebration, give your head a shake. This team has been **** on for weeks, it's a very raw human emotion to be happy for yourself when you've been down for so long.

Teams sustain injuries to critical positions all the time and every team don't let up because of it. This is the NHL. Is it a "classy" move, no. But let's drop the insults and over exaggeration.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
With all the crap that went on today and knowing it's unrealistic to expect them to lose every game I'm glad they won, they needed it.

gregmash23

Nov 20, 2014
So sick of this ****. To be perfectly honest I would have rather got a little less for Phaneuf then have him around to help us win meaningless games.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
How did Erixon play?

He was average.

He's a big kid, that is pretty sound defensively (not amazing, but good enough for the first game).

The biggest thing that I noticed from him is that he wasn't the greatest skater. He was good and didn't get exposed, but didn't have a quick first step.

He did notice that the Panthers were changing and shot the puck at the bench to cause a too many men penalty.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He was average.

He's a big kid, that is pretty sound defensively (not amazing, but good enough for the first game).

The biggest thing that I noticed from him is that he wasn't the greatest skater. He was good and didn't get exposed, but didn't have a quick first step.

He did notice that the Panthers were changing and shot the puck at the bench to cause a too many men penalty.

Yeah that was a smart play. Other than that, didn't notice him much.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
7:30am the next day and only 65 posts, lol. If the players don't want the attention they are slowly getting their wish.

The fan base is quickly becoming apathetic and it is understandable. Watching the game I have a hard time figuring out when and what to cheer for without somehow feeling dirty.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
7:30am the next day and only 65 posts, lol. If the players don't want the attention they are slowly getting their wish.

The fan base is quickly becoming apathetic and it is understandable. Watching the game I have a hard time figuring out when and what to cheer for without somehow feeling dirty.

Pretty toxic all around in Leaf-land
All time low? Perhaps

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Tim Erixon finished the night with a +1 Corsi. He's not a bad player. Just watch. He had a low PDO this season. That's why the perception is that he sucks. Erixon put up good Corsi numbers for Chicago and that other team he played for this season.

Toronto's improving possession game is starting to pay off. Toronto's corsi has improved over the last 3 games after all these deals they have been making. And in this game vs. Florida we've seen Toronto's shooting % and save % go up. That's why you are noticing results now. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Sometimes it's a chronic problem (ie. Scott Gomez' shooting %). It depends.

Joakim Lindstrom and Zach Sill putting up strong Corsi figures as well. But it's a sample size issue. Zach Sill was dreadful on the Penguins. But in 4 games, he's got like the best Corsi on the Leafs. The more games he plays, the more of a full picture we will have of him as a player. Right now Zach Sill fits in well as a nice 4th line energy player. But the data from his tenure at the Penguins suggests that it's a fluke.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Pretty toxic all around in Leaf-land
All time low? Perhaps

I think so. Even in the Ballard years the team stunk but there was always a chance of a bad team making the playoffs. This team will go months without playing a meaningful game and I think it will take a toll on the over all brand.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Which is why the board has given Shanny a green light to tear it all down.

It's not just about rebuilding the team, it's about rebuilding the brand of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was hoping the Panthers goalie coach would go into the game as in all my decades of watching hockey I have never seen this in a game occur before.

You could see Montoya could barely move and was in lot of discomfort.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Erixon was ok. I was watching him thinking, decent depth d-man, but he has the size we could use up-front. I would like to see that experiment when Brewer gets in the lineup.

Note on Gardiner. Just something I have noticed for a while and never seen anyone else do soooo much. Without the puck, he typically has two hands on his stick, until he gets near the puck, even with a guy on him, he typically drops to one hand on his stick.:huh: I've never seen anything like it.

I know we have all said this before, but when are we going to split up the top line and do some line combo experiments? Let's do something completely different. I hope they aren't trying to see if the top line can work through this.

I'd like to see something like

Booth Kadri Kessel
JVR Holland Lupul
Panik Bozak Komarov
Lindstrom Smith Sill
Try Erixon on the 4th line as well

This should be a time to experiment.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Another favour for the Bruins.

The last team we should be doing any favours for is the darned Bruins!

This core is full of meat head players who can't win when it matters the most, for a playoff spot, and then, when it's important to lose for a decent draft pick, they freaking win!

Idiots!

Is this better??? ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I thought this as well but the goals have been hard to come by lately, why not celebrate while they can I suppose.

to be fair i don't really remember it, i think they just did a fist pump. (i don't remember the conga line)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I liked Erixon. Solid bottom pairing defender. Should be a decent option for us moving forward.

We could very well have a lot Swedish defenders soon. Granberg, Erixon and Loov could be on the Leafs next year, with Nilsson not far behind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad