Post-Game Talk: Leafs Breaking Losing Streaks, Florida Goalies and Fans Hearts since 2015 (3-2 win)

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
I expected they'd tone down the goal celebrations given the tough situation Panthers were in.

Guess not.

To quote Owen Nolan after Ottawa's flu game where they had 4 guys on the bench by the end, "Boo Hoo."

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I liked what I saw form Erixon myself; Very steady in his own end and considering he didn't even have a practice with these guys he adapted well, Connected on a lot of his passes.

He's not too far of PPG in the AHL, So he may be worth a look on the PP.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
To quote Owen Nolan after Ottawa's flu game where they had 4 guys on the bench by the end, "Boo Hoo."

:laugh:
i forgot about that game. hehehe that was like my favourite WTF game ever. this would have trumped it had Tallas/A Player gone in net.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I know everyone wants them to lose but imagine losing to a team that played two injured goalies.:phew::sarcasm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I know everyone wants them to lose but imagine losing to a team that played two injured goalies.:phew::sarcasm:

We would never have heard the end of it from the media.

So this certainly the silver lining of this win in that it saved the players from another crap storm of negativity rained down on them.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Which is why the board has given Shanny a green light to tear it all down.

It's not just about rebuilding the team, it's about rebuilding the brand of the Toronto Maple Leafs

I don't know how Shanny dodges so many bullets. This is all on him.

He gave Randy 2 year extension. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that we lost out on Barry Trotz who is making a man out of Ovechkin. He could have done the same with Phil

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

He gave Randy 2 year extension. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that we lost out on Barry Trotz who is making a man out of Ovechkin. He could have done the same with Phil

Ovechkin has always had an edge to his game that Kessel has never shown, not really apples to apples here.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Ovechkin has always been a man....Phil never will be.

The only difference in Washington is that OV is back checking now!

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

To be fair it was a one and one extension. Club option on the second year. Shanahan has gone about his business with the implacable movement of a glacier. Never in a hurry but grinding everything in its path.

Hunters Rule

Feb 6, 2015

Was really hoping leafs would grab Trotz he had a decent scouting group in Nashville, but he coached that team from the beginning into a defensive stalwart.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada

Ovechkin has more compete in his pinky finger than Kessel could ever dream of.

Tyler Biggs*

i'm just reading comments here etc and find that if the Leafs lose the fans complain, if they win the fans complain. At this point, it's a no win situation and no need to add any negativity to the negative situation we are in. And, yes, I'm a fan!

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
i'm just reading comments here etc and find that if the Leafs lose the fans complain, if they win the fans complain. At this point, it's a no win situation and no need to add any negativity to the negative situation we are in. And, yes, I'm a fan!

That's what I find so odd. Why in the world is anyone complain when this team loses? It's mind boggling really

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad