Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #4

Prospect Ranking #4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Sandin really should have been number 2. Although he is not as close as the other guys, he's still a pretty safe pick and has (I would say) significantly more upside. A higher end #3 defenseman is more valuable than a couple of 2nd or 3rd line wingers.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
He picked up *26* points in 52 games this season according to khl.ru. The information you are quoting is dead wrong. Last year he had 19 pts in 36 games which is a slightly better PPG.
Stats on his linemate are far from impressive....
53gp....10p. Yikes. I think I'll wait til he's over here playing with better players before I say he's approaching bust territory.
Pavel Kraskovsky at eliteprospects.com

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Sandin. This marks the end of the top tier of our prospects. You can argue Korshkov and maybe Durzi could be in this tier, but I have them in the next one. I'm not as high on Rasanen and Bracco as most. I think this is our weakest pool in a while, but its for obvious reasons.

After this top 4, I'm not married to any of the names. We are now in a position to win and if any of those guys are shipped out to make us better now, I wouldn't lose sleep. The top 4 I'd expect far more of a return.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Holl is not a prospect in the upper tier, I dont think he can ever be a full time NHL player. His first 3 strides leave him gapped but masks that with a good reach in the AHL. In the NHL he will be exposed.

Gordeev upside is extremely interesting. I watched him often playing AAA minor midget for the Toronto Red Wings. His skating has always been excellent for his size. His end to end rushes at times look so effortless.

Semyon der arguchintsev also has interesting upside.

Bracco as a 20 yr old rookie...had the highest assists per game average on the Marlies this season. Thats pretty impressive but not surprising. His playmaking abilities are outstanding. This summer will be massive for him either to take the next step and approach a point per game for the Marlies next year or plateau and possibly cast doubt over his NHL future.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Slightly irrelevant to this particular poll, but I’d have had a harder time then most apparently did slotting Liljerden so easily over Johnson. I’m excited about his potential. What I saw from him in the Marlies run was remarkable.

I suppose it’s a question of age largely. I see Liljerden as still a good two years away, done right. Johnson is impact NHL ready now, on par with Dermott. Liljerden is seen as the higher long term potential I understand, I’m just not full sold yet. D are so finicky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad