Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #25

Prospect Ranking #25

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
O'Connell should not be at the bottom. Bobylev is by far our worst prospect on that list. Also surprised Chebykin is so low.
In all honesty, O'Connell is the one guy I know next to nothing about, which is why he cam last on my rankings. Can't rank him above others if I don't know enough. So if you wanted you could say Bobylev is the worst guy I knew enough about. Chebykin I'm just not the biggest fan of. I might be wrong on him and I won't pretend I'm an expert, but this is where I'd rank him based off what I know. I think he tops out as a good KHL player but a poor NHL one and I rank based off NHL potential vs floor, not readiness or draft position or needs, and I just couldn't see him as a real NHL prospect. Now, if Chebykin proves me wrong, and don't kid yourself, I hope every lower ranked prospect proves me wrong then I'll sing his praises but for now I have him lower. I'll admit though that I'll be reevaluating this at training camp (I usually make my list then) and, because some have said such glowing things about certain players I will take a closer look at how I'd value them. Right now though, he'd be at 29th, because Joshua moves up one as Greenway comes down to 30 and Chebykin moves up. Greenway I've lost lots of favour with this offseason. However, my opinions aren't the right one, they're just mine.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm usually not giving a unknown a higher ranking on the grounds of the progression to the final goal of developing.

I would rank Bracco much higher also etc. I'm curious of your ranking criteria if you find time some time. Maybe you have a way that is better than mine that makes sense. I actually hope you do ha!

There are a couple ways I look at it, and it’s highly subjective just like any other ranking. I just don’t think ranking based on closeness to the NHL makes sense because it really doesn’t matter for us anymore, we’re deep in all positions.

First way I look at it: predict who will have the better careers

Second way i look at it: view them currently as assets. Think to yourself ‘Would I trade player x for player y’? If yes, put player x ahead of player y.

Reactions: hockeynorth

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Ok then why is Calle Rosen there if his career will be a 3rd pairingdefenceman if he's lucky?
Wrong so very wrong. He is a easily going to be a top 4 D man in the NHL if not for the Leafs somewhere else.

I gues you did not watch any Marlie games for me he was our best player in the playoffs and down the stretch.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Wrong so very wrong. He is a easily going to be a top 4 D man in the NHL if not for the Leafs somewhere else.

I gues you did not watch any Marlie games for me he was our best player in the playoffs and down the stretch.

Buddy, I watched every game I agree he was a beast in the AHL playoffs...to me that doesn't mean to to much. At least it doesn't mean he is going to increase his projection from a 3rd pairing defence to a 2nd pairing defence.

This is literally the only website where there is an opinion that calle rosen will be a 2nd pairing defence.

Hope your right..doubt it though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad