Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Goat is my pick here, Finn next. Colborne after because the way I see it Colborne should be a player by now and these two kids have higher potential.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Finn just because I'm a massive fanboy :laugh:

Should be Colborne here, over Gauthier. Remember he's a PPG guy in the AHL when healthy. Pretty impressive.

hdtrax

Gauthier. This is about 2nd best prospect right now.

6'5, finalist for defensive player of the year in the Q in his first season, understands the physics of the game very well, active stick, relentless on the PK and underrated offensive ability (fatigue contributing at the end of the season leading to 8 points in 18 games, IIRC). His defensive ability is outstanding and indicative of, at the very least, a very good shutdown center. I foresee him as a very good 55-65 point Bergeron/J. Staal/Zajac-type center

It's close between him and Colborne right now, if you ask me. Big Joe has more pro experience and is closer to the NHL but Gauther is much further along than Colborne was at his age.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Matt Finn

Colborne was drafted in 2008 and hasn't yet cracked and NHL roster. If he wasn't a 1st rounder he would've been an afterthought already.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Matt Finn's going to be a special player. Everyone's hyped about MoRiles (rightfully so) but Finn's going to surprise a lot of people in a year or 2.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Gauthier>>>> Colborne. Colborne may have better hands but gauthier is ahead in terms of skating and IQ.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I honestly think Finn is going to be one of the best defensemen from his draft, over players like Dumba, Rienhart,... etc.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Are people really this high on Colborne? Dude is 23... Barely a prospect and shows no signs of being more than a third liner. There are 4-5 guys on this list who project to be more impactful players

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Are people really this high on Colborne? Dude is 23... Barely a prospect and shows no signs of being more than a third liner. There are 4-5 guys on this list who project to be more impactful players

My line of thinking as well. I'd have Rielly, Finn, Gauthier, Leivo, Percy, Granberg, and maybe Biggs above him at this point.

Hipster vote for D'Amigo.

Add Bolborne again.

D'Amigo is solid but some guys are above him just based on potential imo. He's a safe bet to become a bottom-6 NHLer though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad