Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Tough call with so many so so prospects.

The cupboard is bare, full of support guys. I will wait a year to azzess Gautier, Colbourne is closer and so a safer pick, just the way it is. Not many locks in that list, wow, we are sickeningly thin.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Come on people, show Gauthier the love!! Same PPG and size as a few superstars in our league today. In his first year to boot.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Close race between Colborne and Gauthier for me.
I ranked Colborne ahead just because he's pretty much ready to jump into the NHL and contribute in some sort of fashion. Combined with his potential he's still up there in our ranks. I have Gauthier after Colborne because of his potential but we really do need to see Gauthier play next season to evaluate him better.

Gauthier for all we know have an excellent year next year and become our #1 prospect (If Rielly graduates.)

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Wow, people seriously haven't watched Finn play.

This kid is going to be something special. First pairing potential.

Rielly
Finn
Gauthier
Leivo
Colborne
Biggs
Percy

In that order for me.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Rielly-gauthier-colborne-Finn-Percy-Biggs-granberg and I think they all have potential to make the nhl

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
For now, it is still Colborne. I think in a couple of months it could easily switch over to Gauthier. But as of today it is Colborne by the smallest of margins.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
For years...

Our defense is quite good.

Tor. sought that big,tough,mobile,stay at home Dman: Nylund,Richardson,Berehowsky.

We still lack that, thus we use Fraser who had impact but doesn't seem to be liked despite a great plus/minus.With the lucky acquisitions of Granberg and Finn we are looking decent on Defense but our forward group? All those thrown away picks start to show up in the pool eventually. Not one is rated a top 6 as of right now ,except maybe Leivo. The best grade I could give our pool is c+ and that is only until Reilly graduates. Is this Morrison`s fault or the GM`s?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Wow, people seriously haven't watched Finn play.

This kid is going to be something special. First pairing potential.

I can't find any video online of him. ... So i haven't seen even a youtube scout video clip of the guy. I'm probably not alone on this ... and i'm not really keen to pay $4 a game on OHL Livestream to watch archives ... but i'd rather be informed, so if i have to shell out once or twice to see any kind of real footage i will.

Does hockeystreams have archived games?
I'll probably just do that. My prospect knowledge falls off too much after the AHL level players and i'd rather fix that.

I did read that Finn was out with Mono last season and then a knee injury and missed a lot of time.

Ruah

Jul 30, 2011
my top 10

1. Rielly
2. Gauthier
3. Finn
4. Percy
5. Granberg
6. Leivo
7. Toninato
8. Colborne
9. Biggs
10.Brown

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
I can't find any video online of him. ... So i haven't seen even a youtube scout video clip of the guy. I'm probably not alone on this ... and i'm not really keen to pay $4 a game on OHL Livestream to watch archives ... but i'd rather be informed, so if i have to shell out once or twice to see any kind of real footage i will.

Does hockeystreams have archived games?
I'll probably just do that. My prospect knowledge falls off too much after the AHL level players and i'd rather fix that.

I did read that Finn was out with Mono last season and then a knee injury and missed a lot of time.

Yes, hockeystreams does have archived games. All WHL/OHL games are archived but not very many Q games are archived.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I'm a little bit confused, so I voted for big Joe because he is who I'd put in the NHL right now.

No Broll?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
No
Most people have him ranked so high based on his draft position. Kid has a long way to go from his current skill set...

As opposed to Colborne, who was drafted 16th overall and who's current skillset and lackadaisical play is more suited for pond hockey than the NHL? Pot, meet kettle.

I'm a little bit confused, so I voted for big Joe because he is who I'd put in the NHL right now.

No Broll?

The list is a combination of potential and likelihood of reaching that potential. Big Joe doesn't look like he has much potential left so essentially what you're saying is that a 3rd/4th line center is our 2nd best prospect and the others don't have a combination of potential and likelihood of achieving that potential to usurp Colborne.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Colborne was projected as a long term prospect when he was drafted which is exactly the path that he's taken .. He is still working on putting his consistency together but has the tools to be a #3C for the Leafs in the immediate future, hypothetically speaking, with the potential to grow into a #2C

Add Nilsson IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad