OT: Leafs Board OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I just want people to get off of "we all watched it" "All of Canada is closed"

Some of us didn't, and its not.

One of the few times the country comes together. Ya there's some hyperbole but maybe it can be tolerated for a night.

Mr Hockey*

In case some dont know the singer Gord Downie had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
One of the few times the country comes together. Ya there's some hyperbole but maybe it can be tolerated for a night.

Yes it can be tolerated. But I believe Bob Baker has tweeted and told people that nobody has ever said this is the last show, Bob Mac has tweeted that Gord has solo project on the go. I get the warm fuzzies that this tour has created but the group think here is troubling, I have never personally been taught all my life that the problems in the North are to be ignored.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Yes it can be tolerated. But I believe Bob Baker has tweeted and told people that nobody has ever said this is the last show, Bob Mac has tweeted that Gord has solo project on the go. I get the warm fuzzies that this tour has created but the group think here is troubling, I have never personally been taught all my life that the problems in the North are to be ignored.

ok..

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
AqP5zXW.jpg

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I just want people to get off of "we all watched it" "All of Canada is closed"

Some of us didn't, and its not.

You missed a great experience then. That was an historic concert series and final show. Can't get much more Canadiana than that.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Wow. Attached at "the hip". That was awesome to watch. Likely the most emotional ever seen in this country.

Hip on!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wow. Attached at "the hip". That was awesome to watch. Likely the most emotional ever seen in this country.

Hip on!

All due respect to Gord Downie, I think watching and following Terry Fox run across the majority of Canada before having to stop and eventually passing on was more emotional.

But Gord Downie is a legend. To do all those performances, including a final 2 1/2 hour performance, going what he's going through.... is simply amazing, and does put him up there.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The concert was an iconic event and since I know Bobcaygeon very well, it is my favourite Song.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Grow up, guys. If you don't agree with someone, use your big boy/big girl words. If you don't have any, don't say anything at all.

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
although I'm not a passionate hip fan, I watched that concert and got goosebumps. whether you are a fan or not, heres a guy going through something that we would never wish on our enemies and something that would have already left 99% of us wallowing in self pity and he puts on a 2 1/2 almost 3 hour concert. its a day as canadians none of us should ever forget

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Anyone had a chance to listen to Frank's new album? It's good but it's no Channel Orange.

Also, this isn't 'Boys Don't Cry', right? 'Blonde' is a separate project?

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
although I'm not a passionate hip fan, I watched that concert and got goosebumps. whether you are a fan or not, heres a guy going through something that we would never wish on our enemies and something that would have already left 99% of us wallowing in self pity and he puts on a 2 1/2 almost 3 hour concert. its a day as canadians none of us should ever forget

And did it multiple times in rapid succession. He truly left it all on the stage.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
You see a lot of self pity here without even needing a terminal illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad