OT: Leafs board about to pass us in posts

PricePkPatch*

The hell? They're only 1k behind us. I remember we used to have way more posts than anyone else.

Its not a big deal but still, im dissapoint. :shakehead

Don't worry. We can still piss at least 1 meter farther than them.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's not surprising.

Montreal has the most fickle fans in the NHL. We pound our chests harder than anyone else when we are good, and we hate the team harder than anyone when we are bad. Our loss of posters and growth reflects the poor season last year and the lockout. I'm not surprised at all.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
I've been in Toronto the last few weeks and boy, Leafs Nation is a unique thing. For all Habs fans are fickle, obsessive and bipolar, the way the Leafs fans veer from overweening arrogance and confidence to profanity-filled despair and anger is something to see. One win, they're as good as anyone. One loss, they're on suicide watch.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Well, at least we can always count on one thing they'll never, ever, ever pass us in:

24%20stanley%20cups.bmp

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I always wondered how the Habs still had more posts than the Leafs with such a massive portion of our fanbase being Francophone. On an English website, it's kind of impressive that we were ahead in the first place... just goes to show you how many fans the Habs really have.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I always wondered how the Habs still had more posts than the Leafs with such a massive portion of our fanbase being Francophone. On an English website, it's kind of impressive that we were ahead in the first place... just goes to show you how many fans the Habs really have.

The amount of english Habs fans located outside the province itself is staggering in itself, I am one of them.

Easily the most popular team in any sport in North America outside of it's regional territory (other than hot bandwagon teams you see people jump on and off of).

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
As president of the habs board post count lead preservation committee, I hereby institute the stop gap measure of forbidding all habs fans from interracting with leafs fans on their boards. Instead, you must do all in your power to bait leafs fan in the general forums into posting on our section.

More to come..

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The amount of english Habs fans located outside the province itself is staggering in itself, I am one of them.

Easily the most popular team in any sport in North America outside of it's regional territory (other than hot bandwagon teams you see people jump on and off of).

We are sort of like the Dallas Cowbows and LA Lakers in that even when we aren't contenders, we have obnoxious fans everywhere. :yo:

The Leafs do too, but exclusively in Canada. The Habs rival the Leafs throughout Canada more than they'd like to admit, but we also have a much greater international presence. This could change if the Leafs ever started winning again of course.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

I agree, the Habs are definitely the most popular hockey franchise in the world. Next closest is the Leafs, and it really isn't that close. In Toronto alone, there is a massive portion of Habs fans, provided after the "exodus" of Montreal. Plus, as the most successful and historic franchise in all of hockey, you can't NOT gain fans from all corners of the world as you grow.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
As president of the habs board post count lead preservation committee, I hereby institute the stop gap measure of forbidding all habs fans from interracting with leafs fans on their boards. Instead, you must do all in your power to bait leafs fan in the general forums into posting on our section.

More to come..

Your idea would only mean more troll-hunting for the mods.
Quality (Habs fans) vs quantity (Leafs) :sarcasm:

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
We are sort of like the Dallas Cowbows and LA Lakers in that even when we aren't contenders, we have obnoxious fans everywhere. :yo:

The Leafs do too, but exclusively in Canada. The Habs rival the Leafs throughout Canada more than they'd like to admit, but we also have a much greater international presence. This could change if the Leafs ever started winning again of course.

Yeah Cowboys and Lakers are definitely in that upper echelon as well. Maybe they have more fans than us in that capacity but it would be in large part due to how much more popular those sports are in the US.

Leafs fans are really weird. The vast majority pound their chest about their team regardless of how bad they are. Anyone remember that we want the cup chant from Nazem Kadri's first pre-season? Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. :laugh:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I agree, the Habs are definitely the most popular hockey franchise in the world. Next closest is the Leafs, and it really isn't that close. In Toronto alone, there is a massive portion of Habs fans, provided after the "exodus" of Montreal. Plus, as the most successful and historic franchise in all of hockey, you can't NOT gain fans from all corners of the world as you grow.

Within hockey countries I know the Habs are probably the most popular NHL team in Switzerland (between the French factor and pioneering Swiss players in the NHL) and have an above average following in Finland (Koivu) and Sweden (Despite not having a Swedish player of note since Mats Naslund, apparently the Habs are still very popular in Sweden, although our fanbase there is aging as we have lost a lot of younger fans to the Wings and Canucks)

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Within hockey countries I know the Habs are probably the most popular NHL team in Switzerland (between the French factor and pioneering Swiss players in the NHL) and have an above average following in Finland (Koivu) and Sweden (Despite not having a Swedish player of note since Mats Naslund, apparently the Habs are still very popular in Sweden, although our fanbase there is aging as we have lost a lot of younger fans to the Wings and Canucks)

Very interesting, I enjoy hearing and meeting Habs fans from all over the world. I hear the Habs have a significant presence in Russia too, due to our past history with the Soviets, and also to our present with players like Markov.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Very interesting, I enjoy hearing and meeting Habs fans from all over the world. I hear the Habs have a significant presence in Russia too, due to our past history with the Soviets, and also to our present with players like Markov.

Well the NHL is significantly less popular in Russia than it is in western Europe, but yeah, I'd imagine among NHL fans, the Habs would have to be pretty popular. I'd assume we have a cult following in the Czech Republic too but I'd bet it's pretty small since it's all about Jagr and Hasek.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Maybe if we had a french version of the site we would be more for sure. Not everyone in Quebec speaks english. About 30% easily of the habs fan doesn't speak english or just don't know how to use a computer.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Maybe if we had a french version of the site we would be more for sure. Not everyone in Quebec speaks english. About 30% easily of the habs fan doesn't speak english or just don't know how to use a computer.

Well if there was a French version of hfboards it would be like 90% Habs fans, with the rest split between the Bruins and people who want the Nordiques back. :laugh:

Maybe a few Lightning fans. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad