OT: Leafs board about to pass us in posts

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I'll take this opportunity, since it seems appropriate enough to post on this thread to address something I've been wondering about for awhile. What's the deal with the leafs being worth a billion dollars and us only being a little under six hundred million.

Is it just better marketing strategies by the leafs? ticket prices...are there really more leafs fans? What's the deal?

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I'll take this opportunity, since it seems appropriate enough to post on this thread to address something I've been wondering about for awhile. What's the deal with the leafs being worth a billion dollars and us only being a little under six hundred million.

Is it just better marketing strategies by the leafs? ticket prices...are there really more leafs fans? What's the deal?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great question. I don't understand how come they are worth almost twice as much as the Habs.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great question. I don't understand how come they are worth almost twice as much as the Habs.

i was just looking on their website and there tickets do seem to be alot more expensive so obviously that's the big factor. I have to believe that montreal would still sell out if we had them at the same price...but then again you would think molson would have them at the same price in that case.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

also perhaps taxes have something to do with it. quebec taxes are the highest in NA afterall are they not?

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
also perhaps taxes have something to do with it. quebec taxes are the highest in NA afterall are they not?

google population of greater montreal area
google population of greater toronto area

toronto is global. top 3 in the world in foreign investments for all cities (or some ridiculous stat like that).

Montreal is a big village. Very local economy. People have less money.

How this effects revenues? you can figure it out.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Don't worry

As long as the Subban saga continues they won't pass us. Can they keep up with a 1000+ posts thread per day ? I don't think so.

:sarcasm:

HabsFan1689

Jan 27, 2013
American Habs fan reporting in: Long time lurker, first time poster. I figure this is a good place to make my first post.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

google population of greater montreal area
google population of greater toronto area

toronto is global. top 3 in the world in foreign investments for all cities (or some ridiculous stat like that).

Montreal is a big village. Very local economy. People have less money.

How this effects revenues? you can figure it out.

So we probably do indeed have a bigger fanbase...just not as much money to throw into molsons pockets...but i guess no matter what we are the most passionate.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

and this thread is definitely gonna generate a **** load more activity on the site..or atleast the habs thread.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
So we probably do indeed have a bigger fanbase...just not as much money to throw into molsons pockets...but i guess no matter what we are the most passionate.

Plus the Leafs get better TV revenue than the Habs. They're on every Saturday for HNIC, plus on Sportsnet a lot and they have their own channel with Leafs TV.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
As president of the habs board post count lead preservation committee, I hereby institute the stop gap measure of forbidding all habs fans from interracting with leafs fans on their boards. Instead, you must do all in your power to bait leafs fan in the general forums into posting on our section.

More to come..

I can see why you've been given such a prestigious position.

Genius

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Noooooo!!! Oh wait, who cares? Their population is like twice ours. The fact they're still behind us is embarrassing enough.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
If posts could only translate into wins on ice! Who cares how much yakkety-yak comes from fans who weren't alive when the Leafs last won a championship?

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
To be fair they have threads about the Raptors and the Blue Jays.

Also, francophones tend to write less as we don't have nearly as much vocabulary.

Not that I'm a Habs fan. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad