Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blues 7 PM CBC - Polak verses Gunnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Kadri has these games... about 5-10 a season where he plays with an edge. He is noticeable. He engages. He doesn't win fights or anything but he at least hits back. He goes to the net and you can see a spark.

You think, I could get behind this. Keep doing this. Keep playing this way.

And then the other 72 games happen.

Watch the tape from this game 43. Over and over. Aside from a weak dump attempt that turned into a breakaway in period 1, you had a great game.

You can be a very serviceable 2C here or somewhere else. Just stay consistent.

On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed are you that the Leafs weren't out shot in a win? Is it 9 or 10?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Nice game from Toronto's perspective. Would not want to be in St Louis' dressing room with Hitch tonight. STL looked tired and as the game went on they got slower.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Kadri has these games... about 5-10 a season where he plays with an edge. He is noticeable. He engages. He doesn't win fights or anything but he at least hits back. He goes to the net and you can see a spark.

You think, I could get behind this. Keep doing this. Keep playing this way.

And then the other 72 games happen.

Watch the tape from this game 43. Over and over. Aside from a weak dump attempt that turned into a breakaway in period 1, you had a great game.

You can be a very serviceable 2C here or somewhere else. Just stay consistent.

We disagree on how good he is when he isn't "on", but you're absolutely right that there are a handful of games each year where he just takes it to the next level.

They tend to be games where he gets pushed around a lot. There was one game against Winnipeg last year where he took a nasty hit and then played like a franchise center for the rest of the game.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed are you that the Leafs weren't out shot in a win? Is it 9 or 10?

I am happy when my team wins. Period. Happy when Carlyle's team got in the playoffs. Happy every time we beat the Sens, Habs and Canucks.

You must have me confused with one of the "at least we are losing the right way" crowd.

Pointing out shot totals is my gift to them. Highlighting in practical terms how most CF stats are generally only weakly correlated to wins.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm disappointed with the way Babcock has been handling Boyes. He's consistently given among the lowest time on ice, but still produces well and drives possession. Boyes has earned more ice time than he's getting, and I'd say even deserves a shot in the top six.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I'm disappointed with the way Babcock has been handling Boyes. He's consistently given among the lowest time on ice, but still produces well and drives possession. Boyes has earned more ice time than he's getting, and I'd say even deserves a shot in the top six.

Kinda feel the same way. I wonder if it is a sweet spot kinda thing. If he plays anymore he gets tired and becomes ineffective. Don't know but it's weird.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

I like Boyes as well, but at his age, I think he needs to play in a limited role against secondary opposition to be effective. Babcock has proven that he knows how to get the most out of the players on the roster.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I feel similar. His production has been pretty good for his icetime & of all the Leafs, he has the look of the most "natural" shooter. There was a stretch of 3 games that he had 4 points & a game with 2 goals, but one was called back. I thought he might be given more ice but it seemed to diminish. He's a pretty smart cookie in the offensive zone.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
With Boyes, this is his first season with the Leafs after they drafted him. Babcock likes to bring these types of guys along slowly.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I like Boyes as well, but at his age, I think he needs to play in a limited role against secondary opposition to be effective. Babcock has proven that he knows how to get the most out of the players on the roster.

Going forward Boyes will be one of the first out as the younger offensive guys come in. He knew what he was signing up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad