GDT: Leafs @ Blues - 3 hours till the game and

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Saw this on Twitter:

"Last time the Leafs beat the Blues, Alex Steen scored the game winner."
Maybe in regulation, because they beat us in 2011. I remember we dominated the whole game and I think it might have gone to a shootout or something.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Excellent game. SOB destroys their match-ups now. We're tiring teams out with how hard they have to play D against us. If we can get the Stastny line running, we will be unstoppable.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
honestly we were pretty lethargic and sloppy defensively all game. Probably would not have been as sucessful if we weren't playing a terrible team. Oh well, we won so hooray. Colorado has been hot lately so we'll have to step it up on Monday

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I wasn't really impressed with our play tonight. SOB came to play, as did Elliott. I thought we had some MAJOR gaffes in the defensive zone, and we were trying to be far too fancy in the offensive zone.

I'd like to end the Lindstrom experiment now please. Jaskin makes that line better simply by being able to cycle the puck.

Toronto is a dumpster fire. They need to trade about 1/2 their roster. Brian Burke did them no favors by trying for a "rebuild on the fly." I say we offer to liberate them of JVR.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I wasn't really impressed with our play tonight. SOB came to play, as did Elliott. I thought we had some MAJOR gaffes in the defensive zone, and we were trying to be far too fancy in the offensive zone.

I'd like to end the Lindstrom experiment now please. Jaskin makes that line better simply by being able to cycle the puck.

Toronto is a dumpster fire. They need to trade about 1/2 their roster. Brian Burke did them no favors by trying for a "rebuild on the fly." I say we offer to liberate them of JVR.

Love JVR but he would cost a ton

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
honestly we were pretty lethargic and sloppy defensively all game. Probably would not have been as sucessful if we weren't playing a terrible team. Oh well, we won so hooray. Colorado has been hot lately so we'll have to step it up on Monday

Colorado should come in here hungry as hell Monday they need points badly to stay in the playoff hunt, games with them always seem to get heated too. Can't wait!

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
At some point this season, they need to give Bergie first star of the game when he scores no points. He has been excellent

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lindstrom actually looked better than I thought. He's so frustrating though. He'll show glimpses of some serious skill, but he's just not strong enough. He gets knocked off the puck like it's going out of style.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It looks like Tarasenko has caught a little of the high or wide bug that is ailing Pietrangelo.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It looks like Tarasenko has caught a little of the high or wide bug that is ailing Pietrangelo.

If by "High" and "Wide" you mean the two guys that are constantly double-teaming him, I agree.

That's when he's not being triple-teamed on a zone entry. Then not only is High and Wide defending him, but so is Hitthepost.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I was talking more about the 2 or 3 golden chances he usually gets a game right in front of the net, that he's been sending high or wide. I'm not worried bout Frank in the slightest, he's gonna get hot again here real soon. Probably right after the all-star break.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Also great bounce back game for Elliot, pitches a shutout for his 19th as a Blue. Needs only 1 more to tie Halak's all-time record, and I so totally hope he shatters that mark before the end of this season! Lets Go Ells!

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Love JVR but he would cost a ton

Not sure about that. Losing, desparate teams in tough media markets cannot exactly dictate terms of a trade. They need the help more than we do, and historically that means the buyers have the edge on the deal. They need grit, heart and solid defense. I might consider Cole, Berglund and a second :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad