GDT: Leafs @ Blues - 3 hours till the game and

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
No wrap-around goal there, just a straight-on wrister, as he was heading towards the net.

lol the Blues app on my phone called it a wrap around goal. I remember laughing when I saw it thinking, That was definitely not a wrap around but at least Pajaarvi will be happy reading this

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Lindstrom actually looked better than I thought. He's so frustrating though. He'll show glimpses of some serious skill, but he's just not strong enough. He gets knocked off the puck like it's going out of style.

He is too soft for the NHL game, players like that thrive in Europe and get crushed over here. I think its time to end the experiment, im all for depth, but he literally brings nothing to the table

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He is too soft for the NHL game, players like that thrive in Europe and get crushed over here. I think its time to end the experiment, im all for depth, but he literally brings nothing to the table

Comparing him to Jaskin, Jaskin does practically everything Lindstrom does better and will actually win board battles and go to the front of the net. The only thing Lindstrom does better is that he is a faster skater, and we've all seen where that got Paajarvi when there was nothing else to go with that.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I'd think we're trying to showcase Lindstrom, but he's on a 1 year contract.
Come on guys, call Hitch already and ask him WTF.

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
Don't look now but the Blues jumped the Hawks in the standings…

…actually go ahead and look now because after this afternoon it'll probably be tied back up again.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I have to agree with most everybody else, I never really saw this declined play from Jaskin, but he needs to come back in. That 3rd line is nowhere near as effective without Jaskin or Reaves over Lindstrom, hopefully he's started his last game as a Blue. The experiment failed Hitch, just move on to tomorrow please.

Last edited:

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I really do like lindstroms speed and his commitment. It's just a shame he can't be a productive enough player to force his spot :/

his attitude has been great and he's still giving it his all, but I dont think it's enough unfortunately

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
An offseason or two of training and I think he'd be a far more effective player, as it's been stated before. He'd be an excellent depth/fill-in player, or even a quality third liner if he were north of 200lbs and got much tougher to knock off the puck.

I kind of hope we don't give up on him, and keep him around for those purposes in the future.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
An offseason or two of training and I think he'd be a far more effective player, as it's been stated before. He'd be an excellent depth/fill-in player, or even a quality third liner if he were north of 200lbs and got much tougher to knock off the puck.

I kind of hope we don't give up on him, and keep him around for those purposes in the future.

But, he's 31.

I doubt we'll be able to entice him to stay with a sub 1M contract, and I'm not interested in paying him more than 1M until he proves himself.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
But, he's 31.

I doubt we'll be able to entice him to stay with a sub 1M contract, and I'm not interested in paying him more than 1M until he proves himself.

Agreed, he will be gone after this season if not earlier. He had a good career in Sweden and can still be a top player over there, if I was him that's where I would be headed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad