Post-Game Talk: Leafs Blow Another Lead, Lose to Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Trading Marner because we overpaid Nylander would be stacking even more mistakes on top of the existing ones. Tavares is the one who needs to go, as he's the one who isn't even close to his current contract.

I'm really looking forward to the day we try to rebuild around an aging Nylander, aren't you?
f***ing depressing. Cause it will take 6-8 years just to get to the f***ing rebuild

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
At this point, it would be difficult to suggest Knies earned it and is running with it any more than McMan, Robertson, Jarnkrok.

Maybe marner and Matthews are making a play for Holmberg to be on their line?
Even though Knies hasn't been absolutely excelling in his top six role thus far, I'd still determine that Jarnkrok appears to be the only player out of that bunch (Robertson, McMann, Holmberg) who could be considered an upgrade or reasonable substitute.

Reactions: Hellcat

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
It stood out that although Domi's line was by far the best in the game, they got a little better than 10 minutes of ice the whole game. Putting Nylander with Marner and Matthews didn't work and seldom does. Yet they were out every second shift despite producing nothing. As far as Marner is concerned, he must have some incriminating photos of Keefe. He never suffers from any of his costly mistakes.

Reactions: Kazparov

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It stood out that although Domi's line was by far the best in the game, they got a little better than 10 minutes of ice the whole game. Putting Nylander with Marner and Matthews didn't work and seldom does. Yet they were out every second shift despite producing nothing. As far as Marner is concerned, he must have some incriminating photos of Keefe. He never suffers from any of his costly mistakes.
Or maybe MM cried in the dressing room all the time and Keefe knows he can't be tough on him bc he just can't handle it.

For real, I believe people are different and react to different methods. However, they still need to be accountable for their own actions. Thats what is lacking on the Leafs for the past 5 years now. It is always an excuse of whatever that the top guys will not take accountability that they need to do better. The excuse is always, goaltending, bad luck, refs, coaching, injuries.....Not saying those are not factors because they are, but great players and great teams will always overcome them. Look at MJ and his Bulls, they were bullied by the Pistons for two-three years. They learnt, adopted and prepared for them and they beat them and never looked back.
What had the top guys learned over the past 7 playoffs? With only ONE playoffs series win, safe to say that series win should be a blueprint for winning and the way they play. Like create traffic in front of opposing net, don't take crap from the other team and stand up for each other like a pack, structural defense, clear the front of their own net, finish each check esp in the ozone..... Have they done that consistently this season? Bc when they do, they usually win.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Not really, we were pretty deep 6 years ago and had good speed overall. The D sucked though and defensive awareness upfront was pretty suspect then. Speed and depth were solid
I don't think our speed was much better overall, and we had a bit more depth, but the big need was D, not an overpaid slow and poor defensively 2C.

JT cannot stay under any circumstance. He's the biggest issue. I can't believe you suggest to re-sign Tavares
It's not his worst take.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don't think our speed was much better overall, and we had a bit more depth, but the big need was D, not an overpaid slow and poor defensively 2C.
Speed was much better, depth was stronger throughout the lineup and we did need D - which we saw big improvements in over the next few years both through D additions and the changes upfront/maturing of our younger core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad