Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blackhawks - Saturday, October 19 - Bolland's return to the United Center

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Funny how Kessels play has dipped since JVR went down. But don't worry he has excellent chemistry with Bozak or so we have been told.

Gonna be awesome to watch the Hawks and Leafs again.

hockeyfanz*

Funny how Kessels play has dipped since JVR went down. But don't worry he has excellent chemistry with Bozak or so we have been told.

Gonna be awesome to watch the Hawks and Leafs again.

:laugh: Yeah..the last time Bozie had chemistry with anybody.. was in highschool with his grade 10 science teacher.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
This is a huge game for Rielly. Kane is going to test him. Hope he doesn't get caught watching the puck.

Bozak vs Toews for 15+ minutes should have me drinking heavily.

Tyler Biggs*

Hope Reimers OK.

Leafs lose their 2nd game out of 8 games played. Wow, they are just as bad as Detroit! GLG

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We're going to win!

and now i'm going to make some ice cream to celebrate the victory at hand.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Can't wait until the game, I may actually see a Leaf get presented with a Stanley Cup ring. Please CBC catch the moment.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Phaneuf is fine, it's Gunnarsson who should be relegated soon, but unfortunately we don't have a puck mover who is at least as good defensively as Gunnar is just yet, though Rielly is coming along quite nicely.

Phaneuf is one of the best 'puck rushers' in the league, not a straight PMD, but a puck rusher in the sense that he can use his strength and accelerate effectively in carrying the puck out, and sometimes it leads to beautiful plays (remember that Grabo OT goal against Pittsburgh a few years back? Phaneuf started all of that).

There was a stat called zone exits that a guy started tracking back in the 2011-2012 season. Phaneuf was one of the best defensemen in the league in this regard.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1467

Interesting to note that Dan Girardi, a guy that everyone seems to want so badly, is horrible at this aspect.
Girardi would die if he was playing on our system. It's not like we're missing the physical D component, but rather the puck moving aspect. I think Randy needs to show some faith in Gardiner and allow him to play with Phaneuf instead. However, I have a feeling that the pairings will only change with future injuries. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad