Post-Game Talk: Leafs Best Senators in OT

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tbh, Chabot had one of his best games of the season... but back to back nights.. another ~ 30 minute night basically.

What can we expect? He's only human. He was stellar in containing Leafs before his last couple gaffs.

Forsberg was excellent. Formenton nice goal.
5 giveaways. 0 takeaways, -3 on 3 goals against

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Shitty way to end but it was a good effort in a tough situation, this team is far from a contender. Tough to be upset with the way they've been playing of late.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens definitely implemented bend don't break.. 2 goals off Soupy turnovers . I thought our Dzone .. keeping the leafs to the outside and limiting high danger chances was very good. We got hemmed a few times but we are better in that area. We certainly could be a better forechecking team. We don't support well and we end up doing a lot of chasing. Leafs move the puck well so that 1-2-2 type of defense did not get us many counters and kept them coming at us most of the game. I find we are not great systematically on offense.. and we rely on the individual skills to generate, or counters off turn overs.

Did great on the draws tonight.. Possession might have been worse if we didn't. Even winning the draw did not result in a clean exit a lot of the time.

Managed to squeak out a point.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Certainly Chabot is played too much, however I feel his mistakes come more from his confidence in his ability to make the play. He just doesn’t think he will fail.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Just here to say the basement team sens looked great against the best in the division leafs. Can't be too upset about close games with a new goaltender.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
A few thoughts on the game:

- Don't know why people criticize the Leafs' defense so much. I've found their defensive system to be the hardest to break through, of all teams we've faced this year.

- I'm satisfied with the one point. We didn't deserve it.

- When I grow up I want to be calm like Zub. BTW Zub should get some OT minutes.

- Forsburglar run, anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad