Leafs Best Player ranking of 2013-2014 season #3

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hey leafs fan . So since we are still in the off-season, I thought about making a poll per day where HF determines the ranking of all the leafs players based on LAST SEASON'S PERFORMANCE. Please try not to include previous season when determining which player is better than the other. If the player was injured for a significant amount of games such as Bolland, try to critic him on what he accomplished during his 23 games with the leafs. Alright so let's begin!

1# - Phil Kessel 68.2%
2# - Jonathan Bernier 64.71%
3# -

leafstilldeath*

Voted Gunnar. Gunnar did what he was suppose to do i.e. "Defend" and then some.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Tyler Bozak. I don't like the guy but last season he was brilliant in terms of production. Sure it isn't sustainable and unfortunately he couldn't play defense or prevent goals against but atleast he showed us he is capable of getting more than 50 points a season, and worth his 4.2mil cap hit.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
That took a lot out of you Diatomic. I'm proud of ya kid. You have come a long way.

I will echo his statements.

officialmark*

Bozak with JVR coming in close 4th. The fact that Bozie had a higher PPG while having most of the defensive responsibilities speaks volumes to his play.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Phaneuf's last 20 games were nothing special, but the 60 before that, he was playing the best hockey he had ever played in a Leafs jersey.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't have a problem with people voting JVR in this poll, but I think Bozak had a better season overall. JVR had some ups and downs. His play suffered when Bozak was out, even when he still had Kessel, and he did finish -9, whereas Bozak was +2. For this I gave Bozak the edge.

Dion had a good season until Mar 1, where he was +21 and this was when we were looking certain of making the playoffs. But his last 5 weeks left a lot to be desired.

I would have had it.

1.Bozak
2. Kessel
3. Bernier
4 JVR
5. Dion

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
im a fan of bozak and i think the crap he gets is beyond stupid but it no way shape or form was bozak better than kessel or bernier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
im a fan of bozak and i think the crap he gets is beyond stupid but it no way shape or form was bozak better than kessel or bernier

If we read the question as it was intended, I think our best and most consistent player was Bozak last year, he never had a drop off in his play. Obcourse Kessel is a better player, but that would be a different question all together.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
I see the Bozak fan boys are still going strong this summer. Does he have a following with shut ins or something?

Bozak was terrible first part of the season, got hurt, came back and abandoned all pretense of defence while the team went down the toilet.

Bozak was and always will be ****

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I see the Bozak fan boys are still going strong this summer. Does he have a following with shut ins or something?

Bozak was terrible first part of the season, got hurt, came back and abandoned all pretense of defence while the team went down the toilet.

Bozak was and always will be ****

Do you feel the same way about JVR, Kadri, Lupul, Raymond and Kessel?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
JVR. Although the between the legs trick shot was starting to get a bit old by season's end, he needs to stop trying that every single time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad