Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat the Bruins and the Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone wanna bet we'll get more powerplays tomorrow than on Tuesday?

Of course not. Nobody wants guaranteed lost money.

Reactions: Jmo89

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
:naughty::laugh: Atta boys! Speak up!

I CANNOT wait for some refs to be fired for a bribe gone wrong last night. Would love to see those refs lose their jobs and house and move to a ghetto in the usa with 6000000000 guns.

Leafs no PP stinks to high heaven. We are imfamously the softest team in the league.
And the Bs are the roughest.

Watch when we play a Canadian team next, because it doesnt affect USA ratings...
We will have like 7 powerplays to coverup the one sidee collusion.

F*** Jeremy Jacobs for clearly lining the refs pockets for the last 3 years - and alotta of other teams league wide feel the same about the Bs.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Good game but didn't enjoy it as much with the disgraceful officiating. I wish we had someone to go after the opposition. How the hell did marincin get a penalty after that big dope backes hits freddy. If that's the case I would have preferred someone run halak and take the penalty. Boston would have surely jumped in and taken a penalty as well but thats assuming the idiot refs are consistent.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I CANNOT wait for some refs to be fired for a bribe gone wrong last night. Would love to see those refs lose their jobs and house and move to a ghetto in the usa with 6000000000 guns.

I wish.

Leafs no PP stinks to high heaven. We are imfamously the softest team in the league.
And the Bs are the roughest.

Yup.

Watch when we play a Canadian team next, because it doesnt affect USA ratings...
We will have like 7 powerplays to coverup the one sidee collusion.

Exactly, gotta stabilize those numbers long term.

F*** Jeremy Jacobs for clearly lining the refs pockets for the last 3 years - and alotta of other teams league wide feel the same about the Bs.

It’s not even a question in my mind.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I can’t remember the last time the Leafs didn’t get penalized in a game. Penalties are what? 10-1 in last 2 games? The brass should call out the league, who cares about a 10k fine.
Last time Babcock did this(2 seasons ago IIRC) the Leafs went on a ridiculous stretch of getting almost no calls. As much as I'd like to see it, it's never helped.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Not only that this inferiority complex leafs nation has built up when it comes to the bruins is ridiculous, we've been better than them for 3 years.
Murph and his law got us good the last two years
The Leafs normally have the Bruins beat 5v5, even with all the infractions the Boston veterans get away with. Their top line and Krejci are great but their depth is actually quite suspect. It's just that man-advantage situations, especially power plays, end up dictating how games turn out. Their PP is lethal and the number of opportunities they get against our mediocre PK sometimes ends games before they can even get going.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I don't like the refs being mentioned in the title.

However, it is quiet annoying how Boston goes from one of the most penalized teams to suddenly being a 100% clean hockey team as soon as they play us. Happened in the playoffs the past two years, and happened again last night.
Based on penalty minutes per game the Bruins are the 9th least penalized team in terms of total penalty minutes against per game. So it isn't just against us where they don't get penalties called against them. It happens against every team.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Blows my mind how we got 0 PP against the dirtiest and roughest team in the league. There was that one big hit as we entered the blue line, they laid out a guy who wasn't anywhere near the puck. Chara and many of the other B's players are way too slow to keep up with our wingers, i dont get why they're allowed to just hold onto them and interfere without ever getting called for it. Chara should be in the bin on every second shift tbh, he is WAY too slow to keep up and has been for at least 2 seasons now. Refs just allow him to hold onto any winger speeding by for dear life, ridiculous.

Reactions: Auston 316

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Based on penalty minutes per game the Bruins are like 8th in terms of total penalty minutes against per game. So it isn't just against us where they don't get penalties called against them. It happens against every team.
Who are the 7 above them?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Blows my mind how we got 0 PP against the dirtiest and roughest team in the league. There was that one big hit as we entered the blue line, they laid out a guy who wasn't anywhere near the puck. Chara and many of the other B's players are way too slow to keep up with our wingers, i dont get why they're allowed to just hold onto them and interfere without ever getting called for it. Chara should be in the bin on every second shift tbh, he is WAY too slow to keep up and has been for at least 2 seasons now. Refs just allow him to hold onto any winger speeding by for dear life, ridiculous.
The Bruins are slow?

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
Anything can happen. It's knockout rugby, but yeah. I don't see the ABs having too much trouble. Especially if England allow them to have as much possession as they did Australia.

I think the eventual world Cup winner will be whoever wins that gam , I'm fine with going out to the AB's we are due a decent performance against you though whether they'll manage it mind you is a different matter

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I think the eventual world Cup winner will be whoever wins that gam , I'm fine with going out to the AB's we are due a decent performance against you though whether they'll manage it mind you is a different matter

Good luck mate. Should be a cracker of a game. The Yarpies will be tough for either side in the final. I don't see Wales beating them. They're well coached as well.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The Bruins are able to look faster than they are because this league is still ass backwards and let’s players slightly hold up faster players.

Just watch every single chip play against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad