Post-Game Talk: Leafs Beat Flames 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto wasn't very good for most of the first two periods, but they had a solid third period.

I'm not a fan of Hutchinson, I never will be. However, after giving up that second goal which was pretty bad, he shut the door the rest of the night to give the Leafs a chance to rally back. You can't really ask for more than that. I still don't think he's a reliable enough back-up goaltender. Who knows how long Andersen will be injured for.

Matthews wasn't overly good this game, but all it takes is one good play with Marner and put in a nice goal for his 25th.

I really like Galchenyuk, so it was really nice to see him get his first goal with the Leafs.

Tavares got a lucky break on that game winning goal, but you have to be playing good to get those lucky breaks. Second line was pretty instrumental in the victory.

I love this team, I love it more when they keep winning like this. It'll be a good feeling heading into the first round and knowing it won't be Boston or Washington. I feel Toronto could take a first round series against Edmonton, Montreal or Winnipeg.

Keep it up.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Give him anynoe but Nylander. Nylander is too soft and takes the easy way out

Thing is..he’s had way worse players then Willy on his wing and been great..so I expect more..for his standards he should be better..but leafs won ultimately so all good ;)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Few guys had decent games like Chucky, Kerfoot, Holl, Hyman, Hutchinson to name a few, but as a whole this team stunk & was out of sync... Leafs win because Calgary is bad.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
did everyone lose assist on the tavares goal, why, pucks bounce off body parts and players and in all the time and they count

Reactions: freshwind

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Thing is..he’s had way worse players then Willy on his wing and been great..so I expect more..for his standards he should be better..but leafs won ultimately so all good ;)

No doubt. But those worse players could be someone like Kunitz. They are not good, but they get you. They put in the effort, win the puck, then give it back to you
Also, JT is not 24 anymore. He'll need and rely more on support. His game has to change

Nylander constantly taking the easy way out.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Little surprised we won, not even with how garbage we played for that period and a half, but this had letdown game written all over it.

Nice to see the second line get some luck tonight

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Lol, after I made the comment about no Leafs lobbing the puck out of their dzone. Saw three right afterwards. Classic.

Happy for Gally, I think everyone on the board appreciates his skill and his effort.

Serious congrats by the Leaf players towards Hutchinson. He seems really liked. A la Campbell by the team.

Life can take abrupt changes, and never say never. but Andersen shot himself in the face this year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
did everyone lose assist on the tavares goal, why, pucks bounce off body parts and players and in all the time and they count

I've seen those assists awarded inconsistently in the past. Sometimes they seem to be charitable and other times like tonight, I guess they went with the unassisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad