Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Wild - Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7pm

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Minnesota having a really strong start. Should be a good test.
The are the anti leaf team.
High in goals above expected scored and low in goals above expected saved.
Their expected goal differential has been dropping heavily from the beginning of the year and the Leafs is rising.
Their shooting % has been off the charts lately so I'm hoping the leafs can keep them on the outside and limit rebounds.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Man..what an explosive confrontation....

Did he walk out of practice when it was over?
Ah, this is nothing to worry about a little argument. Creative conflict. I don't mind the passion. They'll be laughing about it by the end of the practice.

I just hope there's no injury on Mitch's end. Muzz is a big fella

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Ah, this is nothing to worry about a little argument. Creative conflict. I don't mind the passion. They'll be laughing about it by the end of the practice.

I just hope there's no injury on Mitch's end. Muzz is a big fella
Muzz is lucky Marner didn't get physical with him.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Muzz is lucky Marner didn't get physical with him.

life-of-brian-killer-rabbit.gif

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Really don't get why they don't give Liljegren a shot on the 2nd PP unit if Rielly can't go. Muzzin was on the 2nd PP. Liljegren isn't even PKing with Holl there.
They really don't see Liljegren as a PP option which is just limiting his potential.
I'd like the media to ask Keefe about that.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Reminds me of the year he was killing it with all those primary assists on all goals. Wizard Mitch.

He has struggled this year at times but that was mainly due to all the personnel shifts going on. Finally admitting Ritchie couldn't play with the top guns was as big a turning point as any in the season IMO......and Ritchie has been pretty effective on the 4th line despite his lack of goals.

It just feels like all the lines are really clicking right now and Mikheyev coming back is going to provide the ability to rest the vets more.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Really don't get why they don't give Liljegren a shot on the 2nd PP unit if Rielly can't go. Muzzin was on the 2nd PP. Liljegren isn't even PKing with Holl there.
They really don't see Liljegren as a PP option which is just limiting his potential.
I'd like the media to ask Keefe about that.
Ya I don't get why they don't try it. I remember even last year on the Marlies they didn't give him PP1. Which was confusing to say the least. Not sure why the organization doesn't think that's in his skillset

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He has struggled this year at times but that was mainly due to all the personnel shifts going on. Finally admitting Ritchie couldn't play with the top guns was as big a turning point as any in the season IMO......and Ritchie has been pretty effective on the 4th line despite his lack of goals.

It just feels like all the lines are really clicking right now and Mikheyev coming back is going to provide the ability to rest the vets more.
Marner was hurt to start the season and obviously missing Matthews affected him and the team as well.
Looks like they are all back on track.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hopefully you don't mean the crap teams Like the Oilers and Flames. Then again maybe you do, now the pacific is a truly crap division.

Funny how last years North div. kept " McDrai." to 3.37 points per game. Most fans cried the no D North was inflating their stats. This season Mcdrai are at 3.95.... lol
The Hyman effect
:sarcasm:

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
The are the anti leaf team.
High in goals above expected scored and low in goals above expected saved.
Their expected goal differential has been dropping heavily from the beginning of the year and the Leafs is rising.
Their shooting % has been off the charts lately so I'm hoping the leafs can keep them on the outside and limit rebounds.

Im confident the Leafs will continue to improve their shooting% (now above 9%) but is the Wild's bottom ten goaltending something for them to worry about?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hard not to look forward to any Leaf game these days. Lets thump the Wild.

That said, its frustrating to me that we've been so good, and yet, in our division Panthers have the same number of points as us and a game in hand. TB has 30 points but 2 games in hand and they're doing that without Kucherov and Point. I feel its very important we win the division to avoid TB or Panthers in rd 1. It will be easier in my opinion for us to get over the hump if we play any team other than those 2 in round 1.
The NHL needs to go back to the original format.
4 of the best teams get knocked out right away.
Stupid

Reactions: glue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad