Leafs at the World Championships

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I'm not sure he is. Might just be taking his strong side faceoffs.

Well he did play as a center for that shift outside the faceoff, hopefully it remains that way

at C he should for sure get more touches of the puck, which should be a good thing for sweden

Yeah thats what I was thinking. His line didnt really accomplish much with Nylander on the wing. At Center the play runs through him a lot more

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
The biggest question I have and have held is... Mitch had a really bad PO really outside pts. They said he had Mono... That takes a long time to heal... Why are we exposing a recovering player to more hockey?

1) Playing a longer season of hockey could be beneficial to withstand next year's rigours of a longer playoff run ;)
2) Its in Paris (I presume a free/paid for trip)
3) Represent your country.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
1) Playing a longer season of hockey could be beneficial to withstand next year's rigours of a longer playoff run ;)
2) Its in Paris (I presume a free/paid for trip)
3) Represent your country.

Mono?? No mono?? Was mono a lie or excuse?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mono?? No mono?? Was mono a lie or excuse?

I know you want to be negative on Mitch and want it to be both. However if the player loves to play no matter what, than thats fine by me.

Critical?? Not critical?? Was being critical showing bias or hate for the player?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dont think Babcock will like what he is seeing from Nylander here.
Is poor linemates going to be the excuse?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

its funny, you said in another thread if you take subtle shots at a player you don't like that player, your follow posts before and after that are subtle shots at nylander.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012

He just had a great shift. Not his fault his linemate makes a blind pass to noone in the offensive zone that kills possession

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I know you want to be negative on Mitch and want it to be both. However if the player loves to play no matter what, than thats fine by me.

Critical?? Not critical?? Was being critical showing bias or hate for the player?

I honestly want to know if he has mono actually.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Damn. Belarus falls short. They put a heck of a scare into Finland, which admittingly didn't bring it's best team to the tournament. Here's hoping they can pull an upset off against the Czechs. I say it every year but I still long for the day when they finally ditch the ugly communist emblem and bring back Pahonia as their crest. Their current sweaters look like something you would see in an EA Sports game. Aaltonen, and the entire Finnish team really, was pretty unimpressive. He seems to have a fair bit of speed and had some chances in the 1st but was pretty well invisible from then on. Despite playing up in the lineup with Aho and Filipula, I didn't see him on the ice for either Finland's late PP (on which they scored the GWG) or the late 6-on-4 PK.

Looks like the Russia/Swedish game has gone to OT. 3-on-3 OT on the big ice? This is gonna be fun.

EDIT: Russia wins in the SO. Nylander needed to score to keep it going and didn't... even at the WC, Leafs players still can't win in the shootout.:laugh:

Last edited:

member 262271

From reading the main boards I honestly couldn't tell what kind of game Nylander had. Leaf fans praising a play he made, Oiler fans saying he's terrible. Little help?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
From reading the main boards I honestly couldn't tell what kind of game Nylander had. Leaf fans praising a play he made, Oiler fans saying he's terrible. Little help?

Didn't watch but that sounds accurate.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

He was fine but stuck with two Hyman's. Dominated 3 on 3 OT. Missed in shoot out.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008

He was definitely not good today. He had one or two plays but was relatively quiet to what we are accustomed too. Some very high risk plays which lead to quality chances for Russia but he hasn't practiced with the team much if at all(?) and isn't playing with the most offensively gifted players either.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016

He wasn't very good in the first two periods, but better in the third. He had an awful giveaway in the OT that gave Russia a breakaway. He kept losing control of the puck, and was very weak in his own zone. Swedish coach needs to use him for pure offensive duties like Babcock does, he played way too much in the D zone and up against Russia's best line this game imo.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
They are using him on a checking line with two players that have less skill than Hyman.

Bad coaching.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Not a great game by his standards. Partially because his linemates are terrible and the play dies whenever they touch the puck and partially because he seemed to be forcing plays too much. Looked better down the middle though

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Some nice plays, mostly in the defensive zone, and a few high skill passes, coupled with a few bad sequences as well. Other than that, fairly invisible. Not a very good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad